It only took about 13 minutes to get from Power Equipement Park (Maloney Road) on Alcoa Highway to UT Hospital, 2.5 miles. I thought for sure the rockslide was in a different area than the spot that was fixed last April, 2012, at a cost of $511,332. But no, according to this report it is the same spot.
"In recent years they put the mesh on there, which seemed to deter things, but with the torrential rains recently, it gave way,"
Falling rocks tore through the mesh in this latest slide
TDOT expects to pay an additional $300,000 to fix the fix.
- Traffic deaths expected to have hit troubling milestone (1 reply)
- Swedes confused/angered by Trump remark (4 replies)
- LWV local news media forum (6 replies)
- The Great Backyard Bird Count is underway (4 replies)
- Concerns linger over future of AMSE after land transfer (1 reply)
- McCain Defends a Free Press: ‘That’s How Dictators Get Started’ (2 replies)
- Nearly one-third of TN high schoolers graduated without all course requirements in 2015 (4 replies)
- U.S. House sanctions hunting hibernating bears, wolf pups in their dens (2 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (101 replies)
- What's Going On? An update about road and greenway projects across Blount County (2 replies)
- NYT: The 'Caddyshack' President (6 replies)
- Trump's NatSec advisor Michael Flynn resigns (20 replies)
- Feb 22 2017 - 12:00pm (1 day 4 hours from now)
- Feb 23 2017 - 6:00pm (2 days 10 hours from now)
- Feb 27 2017 - 7:00pm (6 days 11 hours from now)