It only took about 13 minutes to get from Power Equipement Park (Maloney Road) on Alcoa Highway to UT Hospital, 2.5 miles. I thought for sure the rockslide was in a different area than the spot that was fixed last April, 2012, at a cost of $511,332. But no, according to this report it is the same spot.
"In recent years they put the mesh on there, which seemed to deter things, but with the torrential rains recently, it gave way,"
Falling rocks tore through the mesh in this latest slide
TDOT expects to pay an additional $300,000 to fix the fix.
- Haslam signs bill allowing religious discrimination (13 replies)
- Mayor Rogero announces $302.68 million budget, no tax increases (6 replies)
- Chobani CEO Giving Employees an Ownership Stake in Yogurt Empire (1 reply)
- KCS cancels all TCAP/TN Ready tests not already underway (4 replies)
- Clinton, Trump rack up big wins in New England states (9 replies)
- McIntyre to helm UT education leadership center (8 replies)
- What's up at South-Doyle High School? (11 replies)
- Judge Orders Recount on Amendment 1 Vote (5 replies)
- TDOT shares plan for widening Chapman (12 replies)
- RIP Prince (9 replies)
- What are best places to get soup in Knoxville? (22 replies)
- Twelve year old boy dies in North Knox gang shooting (23 replies)