It only took about 13 minutes to get from Power Equipement Park (Maloney Road) on Alcoa Highway to UT Hospital, 2.5 miles. I thought for sure the rockslide was in a different area than the spot that was fixed last April, 2012, at a cost of $511,332. But no, according to this report it is the same spot.
"In recent years they put the mesh on there, which seemed to deter things, but with the torrential rains recently, it gave way,"
Falling rocks tore through the mesh in this latest slide
TDOT expects to pay an additional $300,000 to fix the fix.
- A future for I-40? (5 replies)
- Asperger Support Group Tonight 6pm-7pm with Special Guests (14 replies)
- BREAKING: Herron will not seek second term as TNDP chair (6 replies)
- A Trip in the Country (1 reply)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (51 replies)
- New Traffic Radar Gun Will Detect When Drivers Are Texting (12 replies)
- Alexander agrees to debate Ball (2 replies)
- Gordon Ball earns an 'F' from NRA (3 replies)
- The Artful Dodger: Dr. Briggs "radio silence" on Cheri Siler's invitation to debate (38 replies)
- National POW/MIA Recognition Day (2 replies)
- For theater/re lovers (1 reply)
- Redefining Scrooge (8 replies)
- Sep 22 2014 - 4:15pm (23 hours 58 min from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 6:15pm (2 days 1 hour from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 7:00pm (2 days 2 hours from now)
- Sep 25 2014 - 6:00pm (4 days 1 hour from now)