It only took about 13 minutes to get from Power Equipement Park (Maloney Road) on Alcoa Highway to UT Hospital, 2.5 miles. I thought for sure the rockslide was in a different area than the spot that was fixed last April, 2012, at a cost of $511,332. But no, according to this report it is the same spot.
"In recent years they put the mesh on there, which seemed to deter things, but with the torrential rains recently, it gave way,"
Falling rocks tore through the mesh in this latest slide
TDOT expects to pay an additional $300,000 to fix the fix.
- WATE: Three more Pilot Flying J employees plead guilty (5 replies)
- Famous people you have met (69 replies)
- County Commissioner Brad Anders disciplined in police brutality case (155 replies)
- With us or against us (4 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (257 replies)
- 2013 Shootings in Knox County, TN (59 replies)
- World's Fair Park development? (14 replies)
- How bad is the job market in Tennessee? (5 replies)
- Wheels coming off Meals on Wheels (3 replies)
- Pandora et al (2 replies)
- Pilot indictment watch (93 replies)
- Heart & Soul at Knoxville Center Mall (4 replies)
- Jun 18 2013 - 6:00pm (2 min 11 sec from now)
- Jun 20 2013 - 5:00pm (1 day 23 hours from now)
- Jun 22 2013 - 10:00am (3 days 16 hours from now)