It only took about 13 minutes to get from Power Equipement Park (Maloney Road) on Alcoa Highway to UT Hospital, 2.5 miles. I thought for sure the rockslide was in a different area than the spot that was fixed last April, 2012, at a cost of $511,332. But no, according to this report it is the same spot.
"In recent years they put the mesh on there, which seemed to deter things, but with the torrential rains recently, it gave way,"
Falling rocks tore through the mesh in this latest slide
TDOT expects to pay an additional $300,000 to fix the fix.
- Repealing Obamacare affects everyone (54 replies)
- ACA repeal vote canceled, effort falling apart (13 replies)
- What your Congressman thinks of you (8 replies)
- Study: Tennessee among the most federally dependent states (2 replies)
- Maybe our government works after all (1 reply)
- Why doesn't Rep. Eddie Smith want to test school drinking water for lead? (13 replies)
- Thousands of Would-Be Democratic Candidates Flood States in Trump Backlash (2 replies)
- FBI investigates 'odd' computer link between Russian bank and Trump Organization (4 replies)
- North Dakota bill, would legalize accidentally running over protesters in the road (3 replies)
- The "Daily Show" was at Trump Nashville rally (2 replies)
- Trump budget (14 replies)
- Pour one out for Ruby Tuesday (5 replies)