Betty reports in this week's Shopper News that "the state comptroller's office is pushing a bill called the County Financial Management System Act of 2013 that will move school and general government finance departments into the office of the County Mayor."
Burchett says he'd "like to have more control."
(Link takes you to both of Betty's articles this week. The first covers Bill Lyons' recent gig at the library speaking about Nate Silver--also a good read--and scroll down to the second on the subject of this pending finance bill, which follows.)
- Lottery: it's all about the students (6 replies)
- Survey: Perceptions of South Knoxville (3 replies)
- 2013 Shootings in Knox County, TN (97 replies)
- RIP Tom Laughlin, 'Billy Jack' (5 replies)
- Haslam's lack of leadership on health care hurts state's most vulnerable (19 replies)
- Shopper update (9 replies)
- Encouraging local health insurance story (1 reply)
- RIP Joan Fontaine (2 replies)
- School board votes to extend McIntyre contract (115 replies)
- Vinyl (53 replies)
- RIP Peter: "Always a bridesmaid, never a bride my foot!" (6 replies)
- Indya's preview (125 replies)