Betty reports in this week's Shopper News that "the state comptroller's office is pushing a bill called the County Financial Management System Act of 2013 that will move school and general government finance departments into the office of the County Mayor."
Burchett says he'd "like to have more control."
(Link takes you to both of Betty's articles this week. The first covers Bill Lyons' recent gig at the library speaking about Nate Silver--also a good read--and scroll down to the second on the subject of this pending finance bill, which follows.)
- Truthful comparison of Democratic contributions is not Negative (12 replies)
- Heartless Haslam's ridiculous letter to Obama embarrasses Tennessee (2 replies)
- Adams and Ball spar at Bolivar candidate forum (14 replies)
- Emerald Academy principal named (9 replies)
- ORNL was fixin' to learn y'all how to talk better (18 replies)
- Open letter to spammers (10 replies)
- TN House 18: Martin Daniel responds to Rep. Steve Hall attack (3 replies)
- Haslam kicks off campaign at Knoxville News Sentinel headquarters (6 replies)
- Ball fails to file timely campaign finance disclosure (7 replies)
- Report: School board member/candidate Gloria Deathridge health issues (27 replies)
- Auto parts manufacturer adding 1,000 jobs in Clinton (8 replies)
- Gloria Johnson hosting JOBS4TN HD13 Job Fair (1 reply)