Betty reports in this week's Shopper News that "the state comptroller's office is pushing a bill called the County Financial Management System Act of 2013 that will move school and general government finance departments into the office of the County Mayor."
Burchett says he'd "like to have more control."
(Link takes you to both of Betty's articles this week. The first covers Bill Lyons' recent gig at the library speaking about Nate Silver--also a good read--and scroll down to the second on the subject of this pending finance bill, which follows.)
- Traffic cameras and the Constitution (3 replies)
- Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) on secularists (7 replies)
- South Waterfront area coffee shop opens (4 replies)
- Some Inauguration Day tips... (1 reply)
- Trump's Cabinet (62 replies)
- Roger Kane Insists our Legislature is Incredibly Diverse (3 replies)
- Buzzfeed - Reports Allege Trump Has Deep Ties To Russia (12 replies)
- Does Trump know nothing about our land? (1 reply)
- Jim Acosta (5 replies)
- asheville (4 replies)
- Haslam to outsource operation of U.T. and other university facilities (64 replies)
- Repealing Obamacare affects everyone (10 replies)