Betty reports in this week's Shopper News that "the state comptroller's office is pushing a bill called the County Financial Management System Act of 2013 that will move school and general government finance departments into the office of the County Mayor."
Burchett says he'd "like to have more control."
(Link takes you to both of Betty's articles this week. The first covers Bill Lyons' recent gig at the library speaking about Nate Silver--also a good read--and scroll down to the second on the subject of this pending finance bill, which follows.)
- Uber Problem (6 replies)
- Looking like a deadlock (5 replies)
- Nashville Charter Drama (21 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (55 replies)
- Some happy Labor Day news from California (2 replies)
- ETSPJ denounces McIntyre - BOE "agreement" (10 replies)
- ISIS (113 replies)
- Big Box Health Care: Are You Ready for Walmart Care Clinics? (7 replies)
- Does this make you feel safer? (4 replies)
- Surprise, surprise! (49 replies)
- All the Companies Making Money From Healthcare.gov in One Chart (26 replies)
- GOP governors expanding Medicaid (4 replies)