Betty reports in this week's Shopper News that "the state comptroller's office is pushing a bill called the County Financial Management System Act of 2013 that will move school and general government finance departments into the office of the County Mayor."
Burchett says he'd "like to have more control."
(Link takes you to both of Betty's articles this week. The first covers Bill Lyons' recent gig at the library speaking about Nate Silver--also a good read--and scroll down to the second on the subject of this pending finance bill, which follows.)
- Making up new law to circumvent elected control of schools? (26 replies)
- All the Companies Making Money From Healthcare.gov in One Chart (5 replies)
- McIntyre: Pregnancy is a "physical disability?" (56 replies)
- Does this make you feel safer? (1 reply)
- Wanted to publicly thank someone (17 replies)
- ISIS (79 replies)
- He lost me at "one-time cost" (18 replies)
- KnoxGOP: The best government money can buy (23 replies)
- Dangers hidden in the education debate (9 replies)
- Surprise, surprise! (41 replies)
- a fine BLT (22 replies)
- Third Creek Greenway vandalism (14 replies)