Today's City Paper reports:
A key architect of the state’s so called “guns in bars” law, state Rep. Curry Todd, pleaded guilty to drunken driving and illegally possessing a weapon Friday.
Todd now faces 48 hours in jail and a year of probation. He is also responsible for a $350 fine, 24 hours of community service. He will lose his driving privileges for a year but be eligible for a restrictive drivers license. He must complete alcohol safety classes, must install an interlock device on his vehicle and must work with Mothers Against Drunk Driving, a victim impact panel.
He also cannot carry a gun until after finishing his probation and asking the court to expunge the weapons violation from his record.
Sure looks to me like the state's ouster law applies:
TCA 8-47-101: Officers subject to removal -- Grounds.
Every person holding any office of trust or profit, under and by virtue of any of the laws of the state, either state, county, or municipal, except such officers as are by the constitution removable only and exclusively by methods other than those provided in this chapter, who shall knowingly or willfully commit misconduct in office, or who shall knowingly or willfully neglect to perform any duty enjoined upon such officer by any of the laws of the state, or who shall in any public place be in a state of intoxication produced by strong drink voluntarily taken, or who shall engage in any form of illegal gambling, or who shall commit any act constituting a violation of any penal statute involving moral turpitude, shall forfeit such office and shall be ousted from such office in the manner hereinafter provided.
Will ten citizens volunteer as plaintiffs?
- Feeling old (1 reply)
- Christmas things to see and do in Knoxville (2 replies)
- Kakistocracy/Kleptocracy era (5 replies)
- Jill Stein attempts to raise $2 million by Friday 4:00 pm for recounts (27 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (26 replies)
- Gatlinburg on fire! (25 replies)
- Hillary Clinton's Popular Vote Lead Now Over Two Million (2 replies)
- Obama leaving economy better than he found it (3 replies)
- Airport connectivity (2 replies)
- Consumer alert: Humana Obamacare plans (1 reply)
- Quote of the day (2 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (83 replies)