Today's City Paper reports:
A key architect of the state’s so called “guns in bars” law, state Rep. Curry Todd, pleaded guilty to drunken driving and illegally possessing a weapon Friday.
Todd now faces 48 hours in jail and a year of probation. He is also responsible for a $350 fine, 24 hours of community service. He will lose his driving privileges for a year but be eligible for a restrictive drivers license. He must complete alcohol safety classes, must install an interlock device on his vehicle and must work with Mothers Against Drunk Driving, a victim impact panel.
He also cannot carry a gun until after finishing his probation and asking the court to expunge the weapons violation from his record.
Sure looks to me like the state's ouster law applies:
TCA 8-47-101: Officers subject to removal -- Grounds.
Every person holding any office of trust or profit, under and by virtue of any of the laws of the state, either state, county, or municipal, except such officers as are by the constitution removable only and exclusively by methods other than those provided in this chapter, who shall knowingly or willfully commit misconduct in office, or who shall knowingly or willfully neglect to perform any duty enjoined upon such officer by any of the laws of the state, or who shall in any public place be in a state of intoxication produced by strong drink voluntarily taken, or who shall engage in any form of illegal gambling, or who shall commit any act constituting a violation of any penal statute involving moral turpitude, shall forfeit such office and shall be ousted from such office in the manner hereinafter provided.
Will ten citizens volunteer as plaintiffs?
- Why doesn't Rep. Eddie Smith want to test school drinking water for lead? (10 replies)
- FBI investigates 'odd' computer link between Russian bank and Trump Organization (4 replies)
- ACA repeal vote canceled, effort falling apart (2 replies)
- North Dakota bill, would legalize accidentally running over protesters in the road (3 replies)
- The "Daily Show" was at Trump Nashville rally (2 replies)
- Trump budget (14 replies)
- Study: Tennessee among the most federally dependent states (1 reply)
- Pour one out for Ruby Tuesday (5 replies)
- SoKno Taco Grand Opening Friday, March 31 (2 replies)
- Safety center advancing (1 reply)
- Why does Trump hate Obama? (6 replies)
- Chuck Berry, rock 'n' roll pioneer, dead at 90 (1 reply)
- Mar 24 2017 - 9:00am (2 hours 54 min from now)
- Mar 28 2017 - 6:30pm (4 days 12 hours from now)
- Mar 29 2017 - 12:00pm (5 days 5 hours from now)
- Apr 27 2017 - 6:00pm (4 weeks 6 days from now)