From the TBI...
Nashville, Tenn. – The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation today arrested the individual responsible for stealing money that was raised by a political action group in charge of organizing a GOP Presidential forum scheduled be held in October 2011 at the Meadowview Convention Center in Kingsport. The event was never held.
Fabian Farrell Story, 36, of Greeneville was indicted by the Washington County grand jury in November of 2012 on one count of theft over $10,000. Story was the executive director of the group called Conservatives on the Move was allegedly coordinating the political event. Story contacted Johnson City political activist, Phyllis White, on July 1, 2011 to help Story raise money and organize the event. White raised approximately $30,000 and deposited it in a Washington County bank. The TBI investigation revealed that Story withdrew the money, the event was never held, and money was not refunded to the donors.
Story was arrested by TBI today at the Rutherford County court house where he was appearing on a child support case. He was booked into the Rutherford County Jail on $10,000 bond and will be transported to the Washington County Jail tomorrow.
- Grainger County 'maters (1 reply)
- Ijams rope course death (11 replies)
- HOV Lanes - ILEVs (4 replies)
- Haslam lays out plans for statewide road revenue tour (13 replies)
- Brewery, coffee roaster, others opening in South Knoxville (9 replies)
- Foster Arnett Parking Space + News Sentinel Removed Story (47 replies)
- Rep. Womick doubles down v. U.S. Supreme Court (13 replies)
- Foster Arnett: Hacked or unhinged? You decide (112 replies)
- McIntyre's week in review (5 replies)
- 50th anniversary of Medicare (1 reply)
- City Council at Large Race Seat C (9 replies)
- Arnett comes out of hiding (39 replies)