From the TBI...
Nashville, Tenn. – The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation today arrested the individual responsible for stealing money that was raised by a political action group in charge of organizing a GOP Presidential forum scheduled be held in October 2011 at the Meadowview Convention Center in Kingsport. The event was never held.
Fabian Farrell Story, 36, of Greeneville was indicted by the Washington County grand jury in November of 2012 on one count of theft over $10,000. Story was the executive director of the group called Conservatives on the Move was allegedly coordinating the political event. Story contacted Johnson City political activist, Phyllis White, on July 1, 2011 to help Story raise money and organize the event. White raised approximately $30,000 and deposited it in a Washington County bank. The TBI investigation revealed that Story withdrew the money, the event was never held, and money was not refunded to the donors.
Story was arrested by TBI today at the Rutherford County court house where he was appearing on a child support case. He was booked into the Rutherford County Jail on $10,000 bond and will be transported to the Washington County Jail tomorrow.
- Breakthrough: Artificial "leaf" imitates photosynthesis to generate power from sunlight (4 replies)
- Why America won't do anything about gun violence (38 replies)
- State Board of Ed poised to approve six new charters over Nashville BOE objections (1 reply)
- Sanity prevails, at least temporarily, in Blount Co. (8 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (68 replies)
- Employment increased by 142,000 in September (2 replies)
- Lost Mailbox Leads to Time Warp (8 replies)
- Co. Commission to ask God not to destroy Blount Co. because of the gays (5 replies)
- Arne Duncan to step down in December (4 replies)
- KKK in Nashville (6 replies)
- Tennessee does not have a monopoly on crazy politicians (1 reply)
- Yet another privatization fail: Probation (6 replies)
- Oct 13 2015 - 7:30pm (6 days 2 hours from now)
- Oct 13 2015 - 8:00pm (6 days 2 hours from now)