The company made two separate bids for the Hostess breads; a $360 million bid for Wonder, Nature's Pride, Butternut, Home Pride and Merita, along with 20 bakeries and 38 depots. According to the sale transaction, filed late Friday in bankruptcy court, bakeries in the sale include the Merita bread plant at 3100 NW Park Drive in Knoxville and the iconic Wonder Bread plant at 400 Madison in Downtown Memphis.
Being a big Merita bread fan, I hope they keep the same product line. I also hope all of the employees are retained.
- Food supply under assault as climate heats up (48 replies)
- 2013 Shootings in Knox County, TN (49 replies)
- @AckerMoxley (2 replies)
- Google just creeped me out (4 replies)
- Memphis Grizzlies - First time in the NBA Final Four (1 reply)
- TBI accuses non-profit of lying, WSMV of shoddy journalism for repeating it (1 reply)
- Pilot indictment watch (17 replies)
- IBM Smarter Cities team presents findings (1 reply)
- Tennessee's loss is Indiana's gain (1 reply)
- JOBS JOBS JOBS! (12 replies)
- BIG sign coming (8 replies)
- Inside The California Retirement Plan That Terrifies Republican Lawmakers (1 reply)