The company made two separate bids for the Hostess breads; a $360 million bid for Wonder, Nature's Pride, Butternut, Home Pride and Merita, along with 20 bakeries and 38 depots. According to the sale transaction, filed late Friday in bankruptcy court, bakeries in the sale include the Merita bread plant at 3100 NW Park Drive in Knoxville and the iconic Wonder Bread plant at 400 Madison in Downtown Memphis.
Being a big Merita bread fan, I hope they keep the same product line. I also hope all of the employees are retained.
- Oh no! Say it ain't so Fresh Market (17 replies)
- Nate Silver forecasts 50/50 chance that either Dem wins in Nevada (4 replies)
- Maybe the dog ate his diploma? (5 replies)
- Pilot update (19 replies)
- Early voting update: Where are all the Democrats? (2 replies)
- Delegate counts (10 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (6 replies)
- UT target of "sweeping" sexual assault lawsuit (11 replies)
- Bernaroo (1 reply)
- Bernie Sanders raises $6.4 million in first 24 hours after NH polls close (2 replies)
- What's up at South-Doyle High School? (5 replies)
- Vouchers back in the House today... Update: bill tabled, no vouchers (1 reply)