The Maryville Daily Times reports that "Sevierville restaurateur Dustin Trent Manning plans to open a restaurant and floral/design shop this spring in the former Tomato Head restaurant location in downtown Maryville."
Looks like Foothills Milling will be getting some competition in the Blount Co. casual fine dining department. Check out the menu for their Sevierville location. I like that they have small plate options for just about everything, and wish every restaurant would offer this.
The menu looks a little ambitious (and the combination floral design shop concept is, uhm, different), and looking at some reviews it appears they have been running Groupon specials which is not usually a good sign. But I just hope they are able to compete with Cheddar's and Hot Rod Diner's two pound five dollar burgers and whatnot. We look forward to checking them out. And I'm guessing it will be worth at least an exploratory trip over from Knoxville.
RELATED: Bistro 109
- BREAKING: Tom Humphrey retiring (24 replies)
- Emerald Academy principal named (12 replies)
- Adams and Ball spar at Bolivar candidate forum (17 replies)
- Huffman caves (2 replies)
- News Sentinel website paywall broken (10 replies)
- NLRB rules on Browning-Ferris: MickyD's workers have the right to know for whom they work (2 replies)
- ORNL was fixin' to learn y'all how to talk better (20 replies)
- Truthful comparison of Democratic contributions is not Negative (12 replies)
- Heartless Haslam's ridiculous letter to Obama embarrasses Tennessee (2 replies)
- Open letter to spammers (10 replies)
- TN House 18: Martin Daniel responds to Rep. Steve Hall attack (3 replies)
- Haslam kicks off campaign at Knoxville News Sentinel headquarters (6 replies)