The Maryville Daily Times reports that "Sevierville restaurateur Dustin Trent Manning plans to open a restaurant and floral/design shop this spring in the former Tomato Head restaurant location in downtown Maryville."
Looks like Foothills Milling will be getting some competition in the Blount Co. casual fine dining department. Check out the menu for their Sevierville location. I like that they have small plate options for just about everything, and wish every restaurant would offer this.
The menu looks a little ambitious (and the combination floral design shop concept is, uhm, different), and looking at some reviews it appears they have been running Groupon specials which is not usually a good sign. But I just hope they are able to compete with Cheddar's and Hot Rod Diner's two pound five dollar burgers and whatnot. We look forward to checking them out. And I'm guessing it will be worth at least an exploratory trip over from Knoxville.
RELATED: Bistro 109
- Institute on Taxation & Economic Policy Who pays? Where TN tax policy ranks (2 replies)
- Mayor Rogero announces city budget, proposed tax increase (12 replies)
- Metro Pulse BOE Endorsements (36 replies)
- National Park Week: "For the benefit and enjoyment of the people" (6 replies)
- TDOT commissioner: Tennessee facing new taxing method or deteriorating roads (15 replies)
- Tips for local live musicians (19 replies)
- Everything you wanted to know about Compact Fluorescent Bulbs, including the mercury problem (50 replies)
- Thanks, Jim (3 replies)
- Women’s Representation in Tennessee (1 reply)
- First woman to fly around the world solo forgotten. (3 replies)
- One last questionnaire for school board candidates (which I didn't answer) (5 replies)
- KUB having trouble with broken water mains (7 replies)