in decision after decision in the post-1979 period, policy changes were made that nearly all economic analysts agreed would predictably increase economic inequality—and this is exactly what happened. Yet these changes did not spur any boost in overall growth to compensate for the rise in inequality
Translation, or Economic Policy in 7 Seconds:
"A rising tide lifts all boats."
True, but 98% of middle and low-income households don't own a boat and have been taking on water for 30 years.
- Haslam's legacy (25 replies)
- Tennessee offers rebates for electric cars and PHEVs (8 replies)
- TN # 1, again (4 replies)
- Christenberry House comes down (10 replies)
- Knoxville bike trail in national finals for $100K grant (1 reply)
- Rikki's butterfly weed (5 replies)
- Home cookin' (24 replies)
- Knox County Schools balanced calendar survey controversy (50 replies)
- Garden coming in (1 reply)
- State offering voluntary employee buyouts (3 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (39 replies)
- Hello, Nashville? Anybody Home? (5 replies)