Former U.S. Senator Dr. Bill Frist and Dr. Manoj Jain, a Memphis physician and policy expert, have an op-ed in today's Commercial Appeal outlining the impacts of Medicaid (TennCare) expansion. Their conclusion:
There is no simple answer to the question of Medicaid expansion. While providing health insurance for more Tennesseans puts a strain on the state budget, it also builds a healthier workforce, improves worker productivity and expands investments in our local economy. We believe, then, the benefits outweigh the risks.
The column summarizes several social, economic and policy considerations.
- Gannett/Tennessean, more layoffs. Knoxville layoffs next? (3 replies)
- Investigative Report on Rick Staples Part I (2 replies)
- Knoxville could test self-driving cars (4 replies)
- Investigative Report on Rick Staples Part II (3 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (70 replies)
- Water enforcement dropped in business-friendly Haslam administration (5 replies)
- Hate is learned at home... (1 reply)
- Clinton campaign faltering (7 replies)
- Ammo plant deal falling apart? (8 replies)
- WBIR Inside Tennessee - Democratic candidate Gloria Johnson (3 replies)
- Bald Eagle on French Broad (5 replies)
- South High redux as Assisted Living Center (1 reply)