Former U.S. Senator Dr. Bill Frist and Dr. Manoj Jain, a Memphis physician and policy expert, have an op-ed in today's Commercial Appeal outlining the impacts of Medicaid (TennCare) expansion. Their conclusion:
There is no simple answer to the question of Medicaid expansion. While providing health insurance for more Tennesseans puts a strain on the state budget, it also builds a healthier workforce, improves worker productivity and expands investments in our local economy. We believe, then, the benefits outweigh the risks.
The column summarizes several social, economic and policy considerations.
- Cirrus Aircraft locating delivery/training center at TYS (3 replies)
- Cumberland Ave. project: There's an app for that (10 replies)
- Snakebites (1 reply)
- Amazon deal: Kindle Paperwhite $99 (2 replies)
- TN Legislators obsessed with guns (27 replies)
- Four Dead in Ohio (2 replies)
- Obama taking on overtime pay rules (2 replies)
- Alexander, Corker refile Tennessee Wilderness Act (22 replies)
- Greenway murder (13 replies)
- My secret Margarita Shrimp recipe (2 replies)
- Bernie is running (39 replies)
- Are they really students? (8 replies)