The Times Free Press reports on a PTA forum with Hamilton School Board members and area state legislators. The lawmakers were peppered with questions about equality and accountability with regard to charter schools and vouchers, but they didn't have many answers.
State legislators in attendance included Sen. Bo Watson, newly elected Sen. Todd Gardenhire and Rep. Richard Floyd, all Republicans. Watson is a physical therapist. Gardenhire is a financial consultant with Morgan Stanley. Floyd, who spoke out in support of vouchers, is retired from Coca-Cola.
- Volkswagon sides with UAW on appeal - Times Free Press (6 replies)
- Lady Vols win SEC championship (2 replies)
- Merita bread to make a comeback? (10 replies)
- FINAL CALL! Stop the State Power Grab- NO Changes to the Right to Farm Act! (30 replies)
- Rikki Hall benefit for the Little River Watershed Association (15 replies)
- Herr Huffman-Rhee on TEA (and 'Faux' Parents) (9 replies)
- Ever thought about opening a franchise store? (1 reply)
- CCA under federal investigation (7 replies)
- Honey Bees Question (3 replies)
- Daily Show: Third world health care in Knoxville (34 replies)
- Keep Knoxville Beautiful: Nominate a location to be beautified (10 replies)
- The 5 National Parks Hardest Hit by the Government Shutdown (3 replies)