The Times Free Press reports on a PTA forum with Hamilton School Board members and area state legislators. The lawmakers were peppered with questions about equality and accountability with regard to charter schools and vouchers, but they didn't have many answers.
State legislators in attendance included Sen. Bo Watson, newly elected Sen. Todd Gardenhire and Rep. Richard Floyd, all Republicans. Watson is a physical therapist. Gardenhire is a financial consultant with Morgan Stanley. Floyd, who spoke out in support of vouchers, is retired from Coca-Cola.
- Foster Arnett: Hacked or unhinged? You decide (106 replies)
- City Council at Large Race Seat C (9 replies)
- Arnett comes out of hiding (39 replies)
- Foster Arnett Parking Space + News Sentinel Removed Story (46 replies)
- Rep. Womick doubles down v. U.S. Supreme Court (11 replies)
- Proposed ozone rules grab East Tennessee mayors' attention (6 replies)
- Haslam lays out plans for statewide road revenue tour (8 replies)
- Kroger Seasoning Recall includes Knoxville Area (2 replies)
- Blue Hair for Bernie - Canceled (1 reply)
- Marines to volunteer armed guards: Thanks but no thanks (6 replies)
- Trump: John McCain is no war hero, plus he's a loser (20 replies)
- Eastbound Cumberland Ave. to close for six weeks (1 reply)