The Times Free Press reports on a PTA forum with Hamilton School Board members and area state legislators. The lawmakers were peppered with questions about equality and accountability with regard to charter schools and vouchers, but they didn't have many answers.
State legislators in attendance included Sen. Bo Watson, newly elected Sen. Todd Gardenhire and Rep. Richard Floyd, all Republicans. Watson is a physical therapist. Gardenhire is a financial consultant with Morgan Stanley. Floyd, who spoke out in support of vouchers, is retired from Coca-Cola.
- Big Brother is (was?) listening at the courthouse (4 replies)
- so this is it ... (7 replies)
- Status of State Action on the Medicaid Expansion Decision (2 replies)
- Tivo deal alert (2 replies)
- Immigration and Entitlements = Trump Traction (6 replies)
- City Council candidate forum (5 replies)
- EPA fines Rep. Andy Hold for illegal hog waste dumping (5 replies)
- Praise the Lord and pass the legislation! (32 replies)
- Redesign of Public Space at Riverwalk (22 replies)
- Plans for Midway Business Park revived (5 replies)
- Court: City Council must vote on Pryor Brown surface parking lot (13 replies)
- U.S. tax cuts don't pay for themselves -Republican-appointed official says (3 replies)