The Times Free Press reports on a PTA forum with Hamilton School Board members and area state legislators. The lawmakers were peppered with questions about equality and accountability with regard to charter schools and vouchers, but they didn't have many answers.
State legislators in attendance included Sen. Bo Watson, newly elected Sen. Todd Gardenhire and Rep. Richard Floyd, all Republicans. Watson is a physical therapist. Gardenhire is a financial consultant with Morgan Stanley. Floyd, who spoke out in support of vouchers, is retired from Coca-Cola.
- KnoxGOP: The best government money can buy (21 replies)
- Making up new law to circumvent elected control of schools? (15 replies)
- McIntyre: Pregnancy is a "physical disability?" (38 replies)
- Dangers hidden in the education debate (9 replies)
- Wanted to publicly thank someone (11 replies)
- He lost me at "one-time cost" (17 replies)
- Surprise, surprise! (41 replies)
- a fine BLT (22 replies)
- Third Creek Greenway vandalism (14 replies)
- Decline of civilization, part 473 (6 replies)
- Knox County Commission Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS (11 replies)
- Donaldson on the way out (59 replies)