The Times Free Press reports on a PTA forum with Hamilton School Board members and area state legislators. The lawmakers were peppered with questions about equality and accountability with regard to charter schools and vouchers, but they didn't have many answers.
State legislators in attendance included Sen. Bo Watson, newly elected Sen. Todd Gardenhire and Rep. Richard Floyd, all Republicans. Watson is a physical therapist. Gardenhire is a financial consultant with Morgan Stanley. Floyd, who spoke out in support of vouchers, is retired from Coca-Cola.
- Ravitch: Education reform is a hoax (1 reply)
- UT dropping "Lady" from "Lady Vols" (52 replies)
- Local Presbyterian church in turmoil over same-sex marriage (11 replies)
- UT discontinues Lady Vols Hall of Fame (8 replies)
- FYI: Don't buy a teenage boy a sports car (44 replies)
- BlueCross premium hike (16 replies)
- Companies accuse Haslam of leading Pilot Flying J fraud (6 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (73 replies)
- VW sets new "Community Organization Engagement" policy at Chattanooga Plant (23 replies)
- RIP Mike Nichols (3 replies)
- Snow pics from Buffalo (6 replies)
- Haslam named chair of Republican Governors Association, nobody else wanted it (1 reply)