The Times Free Press reports on a PTA forum with Hamilton School Board members and area state legislators. The lawmakers were peppered with questions about equality and accountability with regard to charter schools and vouchers, but they didn't have many answers.
State legislators in attendance included Sen. Bo Watson, newly elected Sen. Todd Gardenhire and Rep. Richard Floyd, all Republicans. Watson is a physical therapist. Gardenhire is a financial consultant with Morgan Stanley. Floyd, who spoke out in support of vouchers, is retired from Coca-Cola.
- Haslam signs bill allowing religious discrimination (19 replies)
- Latest chapter of the Pilot saga (6 replies)
- Mayor Rogero announces $302.68 million budget, no tax increases (6 replies)
- Chobani CEO Giving Employees an Ownership Stake in Yogurt Empire (1 reply)
- KCS cancels all TCAP/TN Ready tests not already underway (4 replies)
- Clinton, Trump rack up big wins in New England states (9 replies)
- McIntyre to helm UT education leadership center (8 replies)
- What's up at South-Doyle High School? (11 replies)
- Judge Orders Recount on Amendment 1 Vote (5 replies)
- TDOT shares plan for widening Chapman (12 replies)
- RIP Prince (9 replies)
- What are best places to get soup in Knoxville? (22 replies)