The Times Free Press reports on a PTA forum with Hamilton School Board members and area state legislators. The lawmakers were peppered with questions about equality and accountability with regard to charter schools and vouchers, but they didn't have many answers.
State legislators in attendance included Sen. Bo Watson, newly elected Sen. Todd Gardenhire and Rep. Richard Floyd, all Republicans. Watson is a physical therapist. Gardenhire is a financial consultant with Morgan Stanley. Floyd, who spoke out in support of vouchers, is retired from Coca-Cola.
- Pilot update (10 replies)
- Super Bowl halftime shows - What a difference 36 years makes (2 replies)
- TNReady: Another outsourcing fail (10 replies)
- Peyton Manning's last game? (19 replies)
- Candidate Campaign Financial Disclosures are posted for contested BOE seats (11 replies)
- House defers vouchers (2 replies)
- Pilot update (25 replies)
- Alcoa pedestrian bridge grand opening (9 replies)
- Here we go. Finally. (57 replies)
- Nashville DA sues TV reporter Phil Williams for $200M (2 replies)
- Democrat Heather Hensley announces run for State House 89th district (10 replies)
- Mark Harmon: History of public education has deep roots (7 replies)