The Times Free Press reports on a PTA forum with Hamilton School Board members and area state legislators. The lawmakers were peppered with questions about equality and accountability with regard to charter schools and vouchers, but they didn't have many answers.
State legislators in attendance included Sen. Bo Watson, newly elected Sen. Todd Gardenhire and Rep. Richard Floyd, all Republicans. Watson is a physical therapist. Gardenhire is a financial consultant with Morgan Stanley. Floyd, who spoke out in support of vouchers, is retired from Coca-Cola.
- Vertical farm can make 44,000 pounds of tomatoes on the side of a parking lot (3 replies)
- Frank Cagle nails the Voucher Issue (19 replies)
- Glenn Reynolds: Libertarian Fascist? (53 replies)
- Other reasons KNS might be losing subscribers (20 replies)
- Here we go again (19 replies)
- Obama vetoes Keystone XL pipeline bill (11 replies)
- NAAWP? Seriously? (8 replies)
- Tennessee considers for-profit public benefit corporate entities (50 replies)
- Tennessee Republican offers bill to nullify Farragut's town charter (10 replies)
- Check on your family and friends (2 replies)
- Clueless quote of the day (5 replies)
- The deaths not counted in this winter storm reporting,,,, (3 replies)