The Times Free Press reports on a PTA forum with Hamilton School Board members and area state legislators. The lawmakers were peppered with questions about equality and accountability with regard to charter schools and vouchers, but they didn't have many answers.
State legislators in attendance included Sen. Bo Watson, newly elected Sen. Todd Gardenhire and Rep. Richard Floyd, all Republicans. Watson is a physical therapist. Gardenhire is a financial consultant with Morgan Stanley. Floyd, who spoke out in support of vouchers, is retired from Coca-Cola.
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (86 replies)
- RIP Retired KSO Violinist and WUOT Program Director Norris Dyer (4 replies)
- Gene Patterson leaving WATE (11 replies)
- The Closing Days of 2014 Election (2 replies)
- Biting the hand for good cause (1 reply)
- PAC Money spent to fight Gloria Johnson (2 replies)
- Throwback Thursday: October, 2009 (4 replies)
- Knoxville.com reviews Sassy Ann's (12 replies)
- ISIS (144 replies)
- The Best #Democracy Money Can Buy? (16 replies)
- Ballot order (17 replies)
- No-Show Smith finally shows up – But guess where? (43 replies)