The Times Free Press reports on a PTA forum with Hamilton School Board members and area state legislators. The lawmakers were peppered with questions about equality and accountability with regard to charter schools and vouchers, but they didn't have many answers.
State legislators in attendance included Sen. Bo Watson, newly elected Sen. Todd Gardenhire and Rep. Richard Floyd, all Republicans. Watson is a physical therapist. Gardenhire is a financial consultant with Morgan Stanley. Floyd, who spoke out in support of vouchers, is retired from Coca-Cola.
- Blurring the Racial Lines (2 replies)
- What are best places to get soup in Knoxville? (11 replies)
- Elizabeth Warren for president! (65 replies)
- City to rebid Cumberland Ave. project (24 replies)
- What Every State in the U.S. Is Worst at (1 reply)
- Haslam names new education commissioner (5 replies)
- The End of an Era (1 reply)
- Final nail for Hemlock (2 replies)
- Island Home apartment project may break ground this week (10 replies)
- The banality of evil (4 replies)
- All-Clad for the win (9 replies)
- Headline fail (5 replies)