The Times Free Press reports on a PTA forum with Hamilton School Board members and area state legislators. The lawmakers were peppered with questions about equality and accountability with regard to charter schools and vouchers, but they didn't have many answers.
State legislators in attendance included Sen. Bo Watson, newly elected Sen. Todd Gardenhire and Rep. Richard Floyd, all Republicans. Watson is a physical therapist. Gardenhire is a financial consultant with Morgan Stanley. Floyd, who spoke out in support of vouchers, is retired from Coca-Cola.
- DTV hosts Dr. Bob Kronick on the subject of community schools tonight. (4 replies)
- A word before you rush out to buy those plants.... (7 replies)
- L.A. wants their school iPad money back (6 replies)
- Vertical farm can make 44,000 pounds of tomatoes on the side of a parking lot (7 replies)
- Cumberland Ave. Redesign Detour/Closure (147 replies)
- Last ditch appeal to resurrect Insure Tennessee Medicaid expansion (5 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (27 replies)
- Allergies are kicking my butt this spring (11 replies)
- Need Your Opinion -- Why live in Knoxville and Where? (85 replies)
- What gives "conservatives" a bad name (15 replies)
- Downtown street musicians (6 replies)
- Santa Gov wants to give FedEx an early Christmas present (10 replies)