The Times Free Press reports on a PTA forum with Hamilton School Board members and area state legislators. The lawmakers were peppered with questions about equality and accountability with regard to charter schools and vouchers, but they didn't have many answers.
State legislators in attendance included Sen. Bo Watson, newly elected Sen. Todd Gardenhire and Rep. Richard Floyd, all Republicans. Watson is a physical therapist. Gardenhire is a financial consultant with Morgan Stanley. Floyd, who spoke out in support of vouchers, is retired from Coca-Cola.
- Report: School board member/candidate Gloria Deathridge health issues (33 replies)
- Emerald Academy principal named (35 replies)
- E.W. Scripps getting out of the newspaper business (39 replies)
- Sales tax holiday weekend starts today (2 replies)
- Huffman caves (4 replies)
- TN House 18: Martin Daniel responds to Rep. Steve Hall attack (11 replies)
- Ice-free Arctic may come as soon as 2054, study says (9 replies)
- First Friday Celebration with Knox Co Democratic Party (1 reply)
- Turnout predictions? (22 replies)
- NLRB rules on Browning-Ferris: MickyD's workers have the right to know for whom they work (4 replies)
- Adams and Ball spar at Bolivar candidate forum (33 replies)
- Women in Black vigils (2 replies)