The Times Free Press reports on a PTA forum with Hamilton School Board members and area state legislators. The lawmakers were peppered with questions about equality and accountability with regard to charter schools and vouchers, but they didn't have many answers.
State legislators in attendance included Sen. Bo Watson, newly elected Sen. Todd Gardenhire and Rep. Richard Floyd, all Republicans. Watson is a physical therapist. Gardenhire is a financial consultant with Morgan Stanley. Floyd, who spoke out in support of vouchers, is retired from Coca-Cola.
- Knoxville bike trail in national finals for $100K grant (1 reply)
- Rikki's butterfly weed (5 replies)
- Christenberry House comes down (8 replies)
- Home cookin' (24 replies)
- Knox County Schools balanced calendar survey controversy (50 replies)
- Garden coming in (1 reply)
- State offering voluntary employee buyouts (3 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (39 replies)
- Tennessee offers rebates for electric cars and PHEVs (7 replies)
- Haslam's legacy (23 replies)
- Hello, Nashville? Anybody Home? (5 replies)
- Mark Harmon on American Exceptionalism (4 replies)