The Times Free Press reports on a PTA forum with Hamilton School Board members and area state legislators. The lawmakers were peppered with questions about equality and accountability with regard to charter schools and vouchers, but they didn't have many answers.
State legislators in attendance included Sen. Bo Watson, newly elected Sen. Todd Gardenhire and Rep. Richard Floyd, all Republicans. Watson is a physical therapist. Gardenhire is a financial consultant with Morgan Stanley. Floyd, who spoke out in support of vouchers, is retired from Coca-Cola.
- Superintendent's holiday message to teachers (3 replies)
- New York bans styrofoam (19 replies)
- Mark Harmon's "Knox Beat" old time radio show (10 replies)
- Zeitgeist Studies (1 reply)
- In Memoriam (5 replies)
- Survey: Perceptions of South Knoxville (5 replies)
- Lottery: it's all about the students (13 replies)
- Kaiser foundation on coverage gap (3 replies)
- Happy Anniversary to the Mrs. (8 replies)
- 2013 Shootings in Knox County, TN (97 replies)
- RIP Tom Laughlin, 'Billy Jack' (5 replies)
- Haslam's lack of leadership on health care hurts state's most vulnerable (19 replies)