The Times Free Press reports on a PTA forum with Hamilton School Board members and area state legislators. The lawmakers were peppered with questions about equality and accountability with regard to charter schools and vouchers, but they didn't have many answers.
State legislators in attendance included Sen. Bo Watson, newly elected Sen. Todd Gardenhire and Rep. Richard Floyd, all Republicans. Watson is a physical therapist. Gardenhire is a financial consultant with Morgan Stanley. Floyd, who spoke out in support of vouchers, is retired from Coca-Cola.
- Rolling Stone: Hillary's New Deal (7 replies)
- Blue Cross to raise rates by 62% for individual policies (36 replies)
- Women's Suffrage Monument Unveiled in Nashville (2 replies)
- Cheat sheet on why to vote for the Democratic candidate (1 reply)
- Mass shooting in Orlando (17 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (57 replies)
- Knox Co. breaks ground on new all-inclusive playground (1 reply)
- Walmart's Out-of-Control Crime Problem is Driving Police Crazy (9 replies)
- K-Mart N. Broadway gone (20 replies)
- Local Motors to produce Olli self-driving vehicle in Knoxville (10 replies)
- Union Ave, Ice Cream, and soup? (48 replies)
- UT students are back! (14 replies)
- Aug 27 2016 - 2:00pm (6 hours 11 min from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (6 weeks 3 days from now)