The Times Free Press reports on a PTA forum with Hamilton School Board members and area state legislators. The lawmakers were peppered with questions about equality and accountability with regard to charter schools and vouchers, but they didn't have many answers.
State legislators in attendance included Sen. Bo Watson, newly elected Sen. Todd Gardenhire and Rep. Richard Floyd, all Republicans. Watson is a physical therapist. Gardenhire is a financial consultant with Morgan Stanley. Floyd, who spoke out in support of vouchers, is retired from Coca-Cola.
- Haslam: Coal is king (7 replies)
- Conspiracy du jour (4 replies)
- World's Fair Park development? (11 replies)
- Jimmy Haslam apologizes to NFL owners for any damage caused by federal probe (1 reply)
- Tragic news from Oklahoma (12 replies)
- Playing the Game (1 reply)
- The Taylor Swift Justin Bieber Awards (4 replies)
- TBI accuses non-profit of lying, WSMV of shoddy journalism for repeating it (2 replies)
- Haslam goes off on the media (6 replies)
- Memphis Grizzlies - First time in the NBA Final Four (2 replies)
- Solar disruption (4 replies)
- A game to play on a rainy day (4 replies)