The Times Free Press reports on a PTA forum with Hamilton School Board members and area state legislators. The lawmakers were peppered with questions about equality and accountability with regard to charter schools and vouchers, but they didn't have many answers.
State legislators in attendance included Sen. Bo Watson, newly elected Sen. Todd Gardenhire and Rep. Richard Floyd, all Republicans. Watson is a physical therapist. Gardenhire is a financial consultant with Morgan Stanley. Floyd, who spoke out in support of vouchers, is retired from Coca-Cola.
- Vacation snapshots (2 replies)
- Mayor Burchett goes off on Gov. Haslam re. mental health treatment funding (1 reply)
- Hot fun in the Summertime (4 replies)
- Prospects for county mayor (16 replies)
- What are Democrats fighting about? (23 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (38 replies)
- Switzerland's Gotthard Train Tunnel Will Be World's Longest, Deepest (3 replies)
- Carie Wade Gervin lands at the Scene (6 replies)
- Andrew Johnson and historical guests (1 reply)
- TNGOP nuts win: UT will no longer promote diversity (1 reply)
- Up against the wall: Sanders supporters disrupt Nevada convention, issue death threats (60 replies)
- Knoxville mayor appoints three new MPC members (7 replies)