The Times Free Press reports on a PTA forum with Hamilton School Board members and area state legislators. The lawmakers were peppered with questions about equality and accountability with regard to charter schools and vouchers, but they didn't have many answers.
State legislators in attendance included Sen. Bo Watson, newly elected Sen. Todd Gardenhire and Rep. Richard Floyd, all Republicans. Watson is a physical therapist. Gardenhire is a financial consultant with Morgan Stanley. Floyd, who spoke out in support of vouchers, is retired from Coca-Cola.
- Happy Thanksgiving! (2 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (342 replies)
- Mayor Rogero lowers the boom on former mayor and Shopper columnist Victor Ashe (63 replies)
- Six Knox Co. high schools "failing" according to state tests (37 replies)
- KCSO Proposed Safety Center (4 replies)
- Right-wing contortions (2 replies)
- McIntyre's self-evaluation (13 replies)
- Lady Justice is Missing (21 replies)
- Who Turned My Blue State Red? (10 replies)
- From Our "McElroy is Blithering" Dept... (7 replies)
- Epic oil glut sparks super tanker 'traffic jams' at sea (1 reply)
- Refugee roundup (12 replies)