The Times Free Press reports on a PTA forum with Hamilton School Board members and area state legislators. The lawmakers were peppered with questions about equality and accountability with regard to charter schools and vouchers, but they didn't have many answers.
State legislators in attendance included Sen. Bo Watson, newly elected Sen. Todd Gardenhire and Rep. Richard Floyd, all Republicans. Watson is a physical therapist. Gardenhire is a financial consultant with Morgan Stanley. Floyd, who spoke out in support of vouchers, is retired from Coca-Cola.
- You can tell it's summer (40 replies)
- Supreme Court strikes down Texas abortion restrictions (4 replies)
- TIDAL wave? (4 replies)
- Alcoa Highway is growing (9 replies)
- Inside a Corrections Corporation of America for-profit prison (7 replies)
- Ralph Stanley RIP (4 replies)
- UK votes to leave EU, PM Cameron resigns (21 replies)
- The New American Death: Overdoses and Accidents (1 reply)
- Happy Pollinators Week! Please, take action (4 replies)
- The gun debate, face to face (65 replies)
- Up against the wall: Sanders supporters disrupt Nevada convention, issue death threats (62 replies)
- Knox area financial counseling resources for the poor? (8 replies)