Sheesh. This would be rankling if it weren't so danged funny...
Read Business Insider's story (under the inflammatory headline Obamacare will be "very costly") which summarizes badly the comments Cheesecake Factory CEO David Overton made on today's CBS This Morning show.
THEN follow the link therein to actually view the video clip of the CBS show.
What you'll see is that a couple of pig-headed CBS news anchors refused to hear that Overton's company has been voluntarily insuring for years all employees working over 25 (not 30) hours per week AND that the "Obamacare mandate" could actually save his company money (presumably, this would be the case only if his company chose to cease covering employees working just 25 hours per week and to begin covering only those working 30 or more, per the law's requirement).
You'll also see that Overton said only that other restaurant chains that haven't been adequately insuring their employees would find the mandate to be "very costly."
Anyway, both these CBS news anchors and the Business Insider reporter seemed unwilling to accept what Overton really had to say--over and over--on this subject, namely that taking care of his employees hasn't at all crippled his company.
Wadda buncha spin ensued then!
- New revelations in deadly school bus crash (92 replies)
- Today's school board work session (20 replies)
- Supreme Court rules against EPA on regulating mercury emissions (17 replies)
- Dog jumping in water (4 replies)
- Rikki's butterfly weed (9 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (45 replies)
- Sheriff's office stonewalling jail beating victim's lawyers? (5 replies)
- New law means property tax increase for seniors and disabled veterans (2 replies)
- Rally for teachers (8 replies)
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rules same sex marriage bans unconstitutional (46 replies)
- BREAKING: Supreme Court decision on Obamacare exchanges: subsidies intact (18 replies)
- Bobby Jindal: ‘Let’s just get rid of the court’ (6 replies)