Gov. Phil Bredesen is leading Jim Bryson 66% to 19% according to a recent poll. No surprise that Bredesen is way ahead, but Bryson is doing better than expected. Maybe he'll convince enough of the other/undecided voters to work his way up from "lunatic fringe" all the way to "30% dead-enders" status.
Speaking of the Governor, we wish him well and hope for a speedy and full recovery from whatever ails him. The very thought of "Governor John Wilder" is terrifying, to say the least.
We wonder, though, what it says about Tennessee's health care situation that the Governor has to go out of state to get treated for a fever. And we won't even mention the 200,000 people kicked off TennCare. We doubt many of them have the Mayo Clinic option available.
UPDATE: Volunteer Voters has lots of speculation on the Governor's condition and analysis of various possible intrigues and strategeries. I doubt that it's anywhere near as serious, or mysterious, as all that. Let's just hope the Governor is OK and makes a full recovery.
(Memo to A.C.: It's "hinky", not "henky". I only know because I had to look it up myself a few days ago in regard to another topic.)
- Open letter to spammers (5 replies)
- Emerald Academy principal named (3 replies)
- Haslam kicks off campaign at Knoxville News Sentinel headquarters (5 replies)
- Truthful comparison of Democratic contributions is not Negative (7 replies)
- Adams and Ball spar at Bolivar candidate forum (6 replies)
- Auto parts manufacturer adding 1,000 jobs in Clinton (8 replies)
- TN House 18: Martin Daniel responds to Rep. Steve Hall attack (1 reply)
- Gloria Johnson hosting JOBS4TN HD13 Job Fair (1 reply)
- Can we get a little humanity up in here? (12 replies)
- Stop Wasting Votes by Crossing Over (33 replies)
- A Reply to Bill Owen's Negative Mailer (11 replies)
- Report: School board member/candidate Gloria Deathridge health issues (25 replies)