Bangor, Maine's Fox affiliate lost two well known anchors simultaneously when they announced their resignations on air. They later cited conflict with management's definition of 'fair and balanced'.
[Mike] Palmer sparked a political tiff in 2006, when he was the station's general manager, for telling his staff that they would no longer report stories on global warming. When "Bar Harbor is underwater, then we can do global warming stories," he wrote in an email obtained by The New York Times. "Until then, no more."
Apparently they were mad as hell and weren't going to take it anymore.
- Food supply under assault as climate heats up (44 replies)
- 2013 Shootings in Knox County, TN (49 replies)
- @AckerMoxley (2 replies)
- Google just creeped me out (4 replies)
- Memphis Grizzlies - First time in the NBA Final Four (1 reply)
- TBI accuses non-profit of lying, WSMV of shoddy journalism for repeating it (1 reply)
- Pilot indictment watch (17 replies)
- IBM Smarter Cities team presents findings (1 reply)
- Tennessee's loss is Indiana's gain (1 reply)
- JOBS JOBS JOBS! (12 replies)
- BIG sign coming (8 replies)
- Inside The California Retirement Plan That Terrifies Republican Lawmakers (1 reply)