Bangor, Maine's Fox affiliate lost two well known anchors simultaneously when they announced their resignations on air. They later cited conflict with management's definition of 'fair and balanced'.
[Mike] Palmer sparked a political tiff in 2006, when he was the station's general manager, for telling his staff that they would no longer report stories on global warming. When "Bar Harbor is underwater, then we can do global warming stories," he wrote in an email obtained by The New York Times. "Until then, no more."
Apparently they were mad as hell and weren't going to take it anymore.
- Senate intel leader: No question Russia tried to influence '16 (1 reply)
- Gannett swings the axe again... (27 replies)
- Drum solos that don't suck (3 replies)
- Another Trump promise not in the works? (1 reply)
- Chattanooga NPR reporter fired after legislator complaints (1 reply)
- Campus facilities management outsourcing announced (5 replies)
- Safety center advancing (2 replies)
- A robot that burns Donald Trump's tweets (1 reply)
- Trump budget (15 replies)
- Tesla on autopilot hits police motorcycle (1 reply)
- Former FCC chairman: Things are 'going the way I feared' (2 replies)
- Why doesn't Rep. Eddie Smith want to test school drinking water for lead? (18 replies)