The Knox Co. Election Commission has released final unofficial election results after counting provisional ballots. Based on a comparison of previous results reported to the TN Sec. of State, it appears Romney picked up 113 votes (.103%) and Obama picked up 78 (.131%).
If my math and assumptions are correct, that means provisional ballots for Obama were cast at a 27% higher rate than provisional ballots for Romney. Make of that what you will.
The total number of provisional ballots would be 191 (.11%), which seems pretty good. Except, we don't know how many of those are because of photo ID v. other reasons, how many people without photo ID didn't or couldn't show up within two days to verify their provisional ballots, or how many people didn't have or gave up trying to get photo ID and just stayed home.
- Foster Arnett: Hacked or unhinged? You decide (106 replies)
- City Council at Large Race Seat C (9 replies)
- Arnett comes out of hiding (39 replies)
- Foster Arnett Parking Space + News Sentinel Removed Story (46 replies)
- Rep. Womick doubles down v. U.S. Supreme Court (11 replies)
- Proposed ozone rules grab East Tennessee mayors' attention (6 replies)
- Haslam lays out plans for statewide road revenue tour (8 replies)
- Kroger Seasoning Recall includes Knoxville Area (2 replies)
- Blue Hair for Bernie - Canceled (1 reply)
- Marines to volunteer armed guards: Thanks but no thanks (6 replies)
- Trump: John McCain is no war hero, plus he's a loser (20 replies)
- Eastbound Cumberland Ave. to close for six weeks (1 reply)