The Knox Co. Election Commission has released final unofficial election results after counting provisional ballots. Based on a comparison of previous results reported to the TN Sec. of State, it appears Romney picked up 113 votes (.103%) and Obama picked up 78 (.131%).
If my math and assumptions are correct, that means provisional ballots for Obama were cast at a 27% higher rate than provisional ballots for Romney. Make of that what you will.
The total number of provisional ballots would be 191 (.11%), which seems pretty good. Except, we don't know how many of those are because of photo ID v. other reasons, how many people without photo ID didn't or couldn't show up within two days to verify their provisional ballots, or how many people didn't have or gave up trying to get photo ID and just stayed home.
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (39 replies)
- Vacation snapshots (2 replies)
- Mayor Burchett goes off on Gov. Haslam re. mental health treatment funding (1 reply)
- Hot fun in the Summertime (4 replies)
- Prospects for county mayor (16 replies)
- What are Democrats fighting about? (23 replies)
- Switzerland's Gotthard Train Tunnel Will Be World's Longest, Deepest (3 replies)
- Carie Wade Gervin lands at the Scene (6 replies)
- Andrew Johnson and historical guests (1 reply)
- TNGOP nuts win: UT will no longer promote diversity (1 reply)
- Up against the wall: Sanders supporters disrupt Nevada convention, issue death threats (60 replies)
- Knoxville mayor appoints three new MPC members (7 replies)