The Knox Co. Election Commission has released final unofficial election results after counting provisional ballots. Based on a comparison of previous results reported to the TN Sec. of State, it appears Romney picked up 113 votes (.103%) and Obama picked up 78 (.131%).
If my math and assumptions are correct, that means provisional ballots for Obama were cast at a 27% higher rate than provisional ballots for Romney. Make of that what you will.
The total number of provisional ballots would be 191 (.11%), which seems pretty good. Except, we don't know how many of those are because of photo ID v. other reasons, how many people without photo ID didn't or couldn't show up within two days to verify their provisional ballots, or how many people didn't have or gave up trying to get photo ID and just stayed home.
- Metro Pulse and Cas Walker (1 reply)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (68 replies)
- See Gloria Johnson Slam Eddie Smith (12 replies)
- BREAKING: Metro Pulse shutting down, staff fired, other layoffs at KNS (180 replies)
- We loved Metro Pulse rally (7 replies)
- Send Lawyers, Guns and Money (196 replies)
- The real takeaway from the 2nd D. school board forum (15 replies)
- Uh, what? (29 replies)
- USGS updates earthquake hazard for East Tennessee (2 replies)
- News Sentinel endorses Gloria Johnson, NO on Amendment 1 (37 replies)
- Meet Eddie Smith with Lamar Alexander! (37 replies)
- Urban infrastructure gets a second life (1 reply)
- Oct 20 2014 - 11:00am (3 hours 20 min from now)
- Oct 20 2014 - 6:30pm (10 hours 50 min from now)
- Oct 23 2014 - 6:00pm (3 days 10 hours from now)
- Oct 28 2014 - 5:30pm (1 week 1 day from now)
- Oct 28 2014 - 6:00pm (1 week 1 day from now)
- Oct 30 2014 - 7:00pm (1 week 3 days from now)