The Knox Co. Election Commission has released final unofficial election results after counting provisional ballots. Based on a comparison of previous results reported to the TN Sec. of State, it appears Romney picked up 113 votes (.103%) and Obama picked up 78 (.131%).
If my math and assumptions are correct, that means provisional ballots for Obama were cast at a 27% higher rate than provisional ballots for Romney. Make of that what you will.
The total number of provisional ballots would be 191 (.11%), which seems pretty good. Except, we don't know how many of those are because of photo ID v. other reasons, how many people without photo ID didn't or couldn't show up within two days to verify their provisional ballots, or how many people didn't have or gave up trying to get photo ID and just stayed home.
- Snowing here (2 replies)
- Mayor Rogero responds to News Sentinel allegation of sunshine violation (8 replies)
- East Coast historic blizzard? (3 replies)
- US Deficit to lowest level since 2007 (1 reply)
- Google Fiber advancing in Nashville? (8 replies)
- Answers at Saturday's annual SPJ legislative session (5 replies)
- Josh Flory leaving KNS (12 replies)
- Obama wants community college to be free (68 replies)
- KNS Friday liberal column changeup (5 replies)
- Bonnaroo lineup announced (27 replies)
- Rape trial for former Vandy football players (20 replies)
- Build A Better Mousetrap (or just do the job better) (2 replies)
- Jan 27 2015 - 5:30pm (10 hours 1 min from now)
- Jan 27 2015 - 6:00pm (10 hours 31 min from now)
- Jan 27 2015 - 6:15pm (10 hours 46 min from now)
- Feb 5 2015 - 6:00pm (1 week 2 days from now)
- Feb 7 2015 - 4:00pm (1 week 4 days from now)