Ruby Tuesday announced today they have hired James J. "JJ" Buettgen as President and CEO to replace outgoing founder Sandy Beall. Buettgen is leaving Darden Restaurants as Chief Marketing Officer.
From his resume, it sounds like Buettgen is a marketing guy. Marketing is not Ruby Tuesday's problem. Their problem is the poor quality of food and service. Although, product quality is presumably central to an overall marketing strategy, even if the strategy is to downscale. Anyway, wouldn't it be ironic if RT became the target of a hostile takeover by Darden?
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (40 replies)
- Mayor Burchett goes off on Gov. Haslam re. mental health treatment funding (16 replies)
- 100th running of the Indianapolis 500 today (2 replies)
- For You and Me (1 reply)
- Trump uniting the GOP? (8 replies)
- Help a deserving Fulton High student go to Australia (2 replies)
- Payday lenders racking up in Tennessee (3 replies)
- A Record for False Statements in KNS reply (3 replies)
- Air bag recall expanded to millions more cars (6 replies)
- Sanders wins Oregon, splits Kentucky with Clinton (3 replies)
- UAW endorses Hillary Clinton (1 reply)
- Switzerland's Gotthard Train Tunnel Will Be World's Longest, Deepest (4 replies)