Ruby Tuesday announced today they have hired James J. "JJ" Buettgen as President and CEO to replace outgoing founder Sandy Beall. Buettgen is leaving Darden Restaurants as Chief Marketing Officer.
From his resume, it sounds like Buettgen is a marketing guy. Marketing is not Ruby Tuesday's problem. Their problem is the poor quality of food and service. Although, product quality is presumably central to an overall marketing strategy, even if the strategy is to downscale. Anyway, wouldn't it be ironic if RT became the target of a hostile takeover by Darden?
- Christenberry House comes down (11 replies)
- Steve Wildsmith: The hardest working man in journalism (2 replies)
- Ditching your landline for a wireless home phone (3 replies)
- Haslam's legacy (31 replies)
- Rikki's butterfly weed (7 replies)
- City unveils new website (20 replies)
- State rep hog farmer under EPA microscope (1 reply)
- Tennessee offers rebates for electric cars and PHEVs (10 replies)
- RIP Dr. Julian (1 reply)
- TN # 1, again (5 replies)
- Rewriting the Rules (3 replies)
- Knoxville bike trail in national finals for $100K grant (1 reply)