Ruby Tuesday announced today they have hired James J. "JJ" Buettgen as President and CEO to replace outgoing founder Sandy Beall. Buettgen is leaving Darden Restaurants as Chief Marketing Officer.
From his resume, it sounds like Buettgen is a marketing guy. Marketing is not Ruby Tuesday's problem. Their problem is the poor quality of food and service. Although, product quality is presumably central to an overall marketing strategy, even if the strategy is to downscale. Anyway, wouldn't it be ironic if RT became the target of a hostile takeover by Darden?
- Arne Duncan to step down in December (4 replies)
- Why America won't do anything about gun violence (37 replies)
- Lost Mailbox Leads to Time Warp (5 replies)
- KKK in Nashville (6 replies)
- Co. Commission to ask God not to destroy Blount Co. because of the gays (2 replies)
- Tennessee does not have a monopoly on crazy politicians (1 reply)
- Employment increased by 142,000 in September (1 reply)
- Yet another privatization fail: Probation (6 replies)
- Troubled Tennessee prisons (5 replies)
- A New Low (9 replies)
- Bitter Victor Ashe (19 replies)
- Apollo photo archive (1 reply)