Ruby Tuesday announced today they have hired James J. "JJ" Buettgen as President and CEO to replace outgoing founder Sandy Beall. Buettgen is leaving Darden Restaurants as Chief Marketing Officer.
From his resume, it sounds like Buettgen is a marketing guy. Marketing is not Ruby Tuesday's problem. Their problem is the poor quality of food and service. Although, product quality is presumably central to an overall marketing strategy, even if the strategy is to downscale. Anyway, wouldn't it be ironic if RT became the target of a hostile takeover by Darden?
- Shoulda got Moxley (90 replies)
- CCA under federal investigation (3 replies)
- Daily Show: Third world health care in Knoxville (32 replies)
- FINAL CALL! Stop the State Power Grab- NO Changes to the Right to Farm Act! (28 replies)
- The 5 National Parks Hardest Hit by the Government Shutdown (2 replies)
- Herr Huffman-Rhee on TEA (and 'Faux' Parents) (5 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (16 replies)
- Fulton Lady Falcons win at state quarterfinals, 67-49 over Cannon County (5 replies)
- Shame on you Gov. Haslam (14 replies)
- What's the deal with switchblades? (27 replies)
- Keep Knoxville Beautiful: Nominate a location to be beautified (7 replies)
- RIP Bobby Drinnon (8 replies)
- Mar 8 2014 - 6:30pm (1 hour 3 min ago)
- Mar 20 2014 - 7:00pm (1 week 4 days from now)