Ruby Tuesday announced today they have hired James J. "JJ" Buettgen as President and CEO to replace outgoing founder Sandy Beall. Buettgen is leaving Darden Restaurants as Chief Marketing Officer.
From his resume, it sounds like Buettgen is a marketing guy. Marketing is not Ruby Tuesday's problem. Their problem is the poor quality of food and service. Although, product quality is presumably central to an overall marketing strategy, even if the strategy is to downscale. Anyway, wouldn't it be ironic if RT became the target of a hostile takeover by Darden?
- Repealing Obamacare affects everyone (54 replies)
- ACA repeal vote canceled, effort falling apart (13 replies)
- What your Congressman thinks of you (8 replies)
- Study: Tennessee among the most federally dependent states (2 replies)
- Maybe our government works after all (1 reply)
- Why doesn't Rep. Eddie Smith want to test school drinking water for lead? (13 replies)
- Thousands of Would-Be Democratic Candidates Flood States in Trump Backlash (2 replies)
- FBI investigates 'odd' computer link between Russian bank and Trump Organization (4 replies)
- North Dakota bill, would legalize accidentally running over protesters in the road (3 replies)
- The "Daily Show" was at Trump Nashville rally (2 replies)
- Trump budget (14 replies)
- Pour one out for Ruby Tuesday (5 replies)