According to General Manager Mitch Holloway of the Holiday Inn World's Fair Park in a WATE report, "So goes UT football, so goes the city."
Apparently area hotels "bank their entire yearly budget on how much they'll make during football season."
Only 89,000 people attended the last game. Last year game attendance averaged 94,000, as compared to 104,000 in 2007.
Woe is me. Alas, Derek Dooley is destroying downtown Knoxville.
- Ballot order (14 replies)
- No-Show Smith finally shows up – But guess where? (43 replies)
- Chickamauga Lock closed for repairs, Knoxville barge traffic cut off (10 replies)
- The Best #Democracy Money Can Buy? (15 replies)
- John Stewart: Amendment 3 would bring higher sales, food, business taxes (4 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (84 replies)
- International Baccalaureate (22 replies)
- Parallels (3 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (326 replies)
- Separation of Church and State? (8 replies)
- Tennessee needs $38 billion of infrastructure improvements (3 replies)
- When economic hackofistry is no longer printable (7 replies)
- Oct 30 2014 - 7:00pm (10 hours 44 min from now)
- Nov 2 2014 - 3:00pm (3 days 7 hours from now)