According to General Manager Mitch Holloway of the Holiday Inn World's Fair Park in a WATE report, "So goes UT football, so goes the city."
Apparently area hotels "bank their entire yearly budget on how much they'll make during football season."
Only 89,000 people attended the last game. Last year game attendance averaged 94,000, as compared to 104,000 in 2007.
Woe is me. Alas, Derek Dooley is destroying downtown Knoxville.
- "It's a sad day for our city" - Maryville, Alcoa, Blount County (4 replies)
- Women's Suffrage Monument Unveiled in Nashville (4 replies)
- Obamacare accountable care programs rang up $466 million in Medicare savings last year (2 replies)
- Blue Cross to raise rates by 62% for individual policies (37 replies)
- Rolling Stone: Hillary's New Deal (7 replies)
- Cheat sheet on why to vote for the Democratic candidate (1 reply)
- Mass shooting in Orlando (17 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (57 replies)
- Knox Co. breaks ground on new all-inclusive playground (1 reply)
- Walmart's Out-of-Control Crime Problem is Driving Police Crazy (9 replies)
- K-Mart N. Broadway gone (20 replies)
- Local Motors to produce Olli self-driving vehicle in Knoxville (10 replies)