According to General Manager Mitch Holloway of the Holiday Inn World's Fair Park in a WATE report, "So goes UT football, so goes the city."
Apparently area hotels "bank their entire yearly budget on how much they'll make during football season."
Only 89,000 people attended the last game. Last year game attendance averaged 94,000, as compared to 104,000 in 2007.
Woe is me. Alas, Derek Dooley is destroying downtown Knoxville.
- FYI: Don't buy a teenage boy a sports car (42 replies)
- UT dropping "Lady" from "Lady Vols" (33 replies)
- BlueCross premium hike (15 replies)
- Companies accuse Haslam of leading Pilot Flying J fraud (6 replies)
- UT discontinues Lady Vols Hall of Fame (7 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (73 replies)
- VW sets new "Community Organization Engagement" policy at Chattanooga Plant (23 replies)
- RIP Mike Nichols (3 replies)
- Local Presbyterian church in turmoil over same-sex marriage (7 replies)
- Snow pics from Buffalo (6 replies)
- Haslam named chair of Republican Governors Association, nobody else wanted it (1 reply)
- Geek tip: Trick out your Android keyboard (1 reply)