According to General Manager Mitch Holloway of the Holiday Inn World's Fair Park in a WATE report, "So goes UT football, so goes the city."
Apparently area hotels "bank their entire yearly budget on how much they'll make during football season."
Only 89,000 people attended the last game. Last year game attendance averaged 94,000, as compared to 104,000 in 2007.
Woe is me. Alas, Derek Dooley is destroying downtown Knoxville.
- House defers vouchers (3 replies)
- Petition for a Better Dollar General on Washington Pike (13 replies)
- UT target of "sweeping" sexual assault lawsuit (9 replies)
- Bernie Sanders raises $5.6 million in first 21 hours after NH polls close (1 reply)
- Sears closing more stores (5 replies)
- U.S. national parks get star treatment in new IMAX film (3 replies)
- Who is the TNReady testing vendor? (1 reply)
- TNReady: Another outsourcing fail (11 replies)
- Thinking Big (1 reply)
- Pilot update (11 replies)
- Super Bowl halftime shows - What a difference 36 years makes (2 replies)
- Candidate Campaign Financial Disclosures are posted for contested BOE seats (11 replies)