According to General Manager Mitch Holloway of the Holiday Inn World's Fair Park in a WATE report, "So goes UT football, so goes the city."
Apparently area hotels "bank their entire yearly budget on how much they'll make during football season."
Only 89,000 people attended the last game. Last year game attendance averaged 94,000, as compared to 104,000 in 2007.
Woe is me. Alas, Derek Dooley is destroying downtown Knoxville.
- Campus facilities management outsourcing announced (5 replies)
- Gannett swings the axe again... (18 replies)
- Safety center advancing (2 replies)
- A robot that burns Donald Trump's tweets (1 reply)
- Trump budget (15 replies)
- Tesla on autopilot hits police motorcycle (1 reply)
- Former FCC chairman: Things are 'going the way I feared' (2 replies)
- Why doesn't Rep. Eddie Smith want to test school drinking water for lead? (18 replies)
- Drum solos that don't suck (2 replies)
- As more Americans fail drug tests, employers turn to refugees (1 reply)
- How Republicans quietly sabotaged Obamacare long before Trump came into office (5 replies)
- Maybe Trump should try single payer? (1 reply)