From the New York Times: Rove’s On-Air Rebuttal of Fox’s Ohio Vote Call Raises Questions About His Role
The times discussed Rove's many overlapping roles. They don't quite get to the question that this description prompted for me:
"It was 11:13 p.m. on Tuesday, the moment that Fox News had called Ohio for President Obama. Karl Rove stood just off camera, his phone glued to his ear. On the other end was a senior Romney campaign official who insisted that the network had blown the call."
Rove is chairman of one of the largest SuperPACs involved in the election. As we all know, the Supreme Court has taken the lid off of these kinds of organizations, allowing unlimited contributions and spending. They seemingly left only one rule in place: a SuperPAC cannot coordinate with the official campaign. We all know there's a wink and another wink that goes along with that rule, but I have to ask: What was the Chair of Crossroads GPS and American Crossroads SuperPACs doing on the phone with a top Romney campaign official on election night, trying to influence the reporting of a major media outlet? Is this not clear evidence of a flagrant disregard for the one rule?
Everyone has been so focused on the hilarity of the scene that ensued, I think the importance of that moment has been missed. Right there at that moment was the embodiment of the ongoing collusion of all those organizations. This deserves more attention.
- Arnett comes out of hiding (37 replies)
- Haslam lays out plans for statewide road revenue tour (3 replies)
- Foster Arnett: Hacked or unhinged? You decide (94 replies)
- Proposed ozone rules grab East Tennessee mayors' attention (5 replies)
- Rep. Womick doubles down v. U.S. Supreme Court (8 replies)
- Foster Arnett Parking Space + News Sentinel Removed Story (45 replies)
- Blue Hair for Bernie - Canceled (1 reply)
- Marines to volunteer armed guards: Thanks but no thanks (6 replies)
- City Council at Large Race Seat C (8 replies)
- Trump: John McCain is no war hero, plus he's a loser (20 replies)
- Eastbound Cumberland Ave. to close for six weeks (1 reply)
- Learn About Solar Energy This Saturday! (2 replies)
- Jul 29 2015 - 12:00pm (9 hours 9 min from now)
- Jul 29 2015 - 6:00pm (15 hours 9 min from now)
- Aug 7 2015 - 7:00pm (1 week 2 days from now)
- Sep 11 2015 - 6:30pm (6 weeks 2 days from now)