From the New York Times: Rove’s On-Air Rebuttal of Fox’s Ohio Vote Call Raises Questions About His Role
The times discussed Rove's many overlapping roles. They don't quite get to the question that this description prompted for me:
"It was 11:13 p.m. on Tuesday, the moment that Fox News had called Ohio for President Obama. Karl Rove stood just off camera, his phone glued to his ear. On the other end was a senior Romney campaign official who insisted that the network had blown the call."
Rove is chairman of one of the largest SuperPACs involved in the election. As we all know, the Supreme Court has taken the lid off of these kinds of organizations, allowing unlimited contributions and spending. They seemingly left only one rule in place: a SuperPAC cannot coordinate with the official campaign. We all know there's a wink and another wink that goes along with that rule, but I have to ask: What was the Chair of Crossroads GPS and American Crossroads SuperPACs doing on the phone with a top Romney campaign official on election night, trying to influence the reporting of a major media outlet? Is this not clear evidence of a flagrant disregard for the one rule?
Everyone has been so focused on the hilarity of the scene that ensued, I think the importance of that moment has been missed. Right there at that moment was the embodiment of the ongoing collusion of all those organizations. This deserves more attention.
- Interesting background on new Attorney General (12 replies)
- Urban Outfitters, Kent State sweatshirt - what were they thinking? (9 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (16 replies)
- Gordon Ball kicks off statewide U.S. Senate campaign in East TN (3 replies)
- KnoxViews exclusive: U.S. Senate candidate Gordon Ball on the issues (22 replies)
- City of Alcoa-Sam's Club first step in New Urbanism? (4 replies)
- Social Security garnished for student loan debt (36 replies)
- TN Supreme Court names new Attorney General (9 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (60 replies)
- SATURDAY SOUTH (9 replies)
- Bravo to LaFollette Middle School Coach Jake Snider (1 reply)
- Butch Jones: Best new coach in the SEC?* (8 replies)
- Sep 17 2014 - 12:00pm (25 min 7 sec from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 6:15pm (6 days 6 hours from now)
- Sep 25 2014 - 6:00pm (1 week 1 day from now)