From the New York Times: Rove’s On-Air Rebuttal of Fox’s Ohio Vote Call Raises Questions About His Role
The times discussed Rove's many overlapping roles. They don't quite get to the question that this description prompted for me:
"It was 11:13 p.m. on Tuesday, the moment that Fox News had called Ohio for President Obama. Karl Rove stood just off camera, his phone glued to his ear. On the other end was a senior Romney campaign official who insisted that the network had blown the call."
Rove is chairman of one of the largest SuperPACs involved in the election. As we all know, the Supreme Court has taken the lid off of these kinds of organizations, allowing unlimited contributions and spending. They seemingly left only one rule in place: a SuperPAC cannot coordinate with the official campaign. We all know there's a wink and another wink that goes along with that rule, but I have to ask: What was the Chair of Crossroads GPS and American Crossroads SuperPACs doing on the phone with a top Romney campaign official on election night, trying to influence the reporting of a major media outlet? Is this not clear evidence of a flagrant disregard for the one rule?
Everyone has been so focused on the hilarity of the scene that ensued, I think the importance of that moment has been missed. Right there at that moment was the embodiment of the ongoing collusion of all those organizations. This deserves more attention.
- Swedes confused/angered by Trump remark (5 replies)
- Louisville Point Park Eagle? (1 reply)
- Traffic deaths expected to have hit troubling milestone (1 reply)
- LWV local news media forum (6 replies)
- The Great Backyard Bird Count is underway (4 replies)
- Concerns linger over future of AMSE after land transfer (1 reply)
- McCain Defends a Free Press: ‘That’s How Dictators Get Started’ (2 replies)
- Nearly one-third of TN high schoolers graduated without all course requirements in 2015 (4 replies)
- U.S. House sanctions hunting hibernating bears, wolf pups in their dens (2 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (101 replies)
- What's Going On? An update about road and greenway projects across Blount County (2 replies)
- NYT: The 'Caddyshack' President (6 replies)
- Feb 22 2017 - 12:00pm (1 day 2 hours from now)
- Feb 23 2017 - 6:00pm (2 days 8 hours from now)
- Feb 27 2017 - 7:00pm (6 days 9 hours from now)