Tennessee bucks the trend, doubling down on the tea party agenda as the rest of the country rejects right-wing anarchy.
Tom Humphrey breaks down Tennessee's race to the bottom, facilitated in large part by GOP redistricting. To the victors go the spoils. Again.
Lest there be any doubt about how hard-core Tennessee has become, voters sent the 4th District Philanderer back to Washington. In the process, Tennessee conservatives abdicated the "family values" they claim to represent. All you need to win in this state is an R after your name.
The TNDP is strangely silent this morning. Perhaps they were up late celebrating fake Democrat Mark Clayton's relatively strong showing at the polls. (Here's his "victory speech.") He received more than 700,000 votes, or 30.4%, which outperformed some of the actual Democrats in State House races and the real Democrats running for Senate in Maine, Wyoming and Utah.
The national Republican party is licking its wounds this morning while trying to figure out where they went wrong last night. Perhaps they will make Tennessee a case study on how you do it. Here's a hint: Our secret sauce is keeping Tennessee near the bottom in education. It also helps to keep the media in your back pocket.
- BREAKING: Tom Humphrey retiring (18 replies)
- Adams and Ball spar at Bolivar candidate forum (16 replies)
- Huffman caves (1 reply)
- News Sentinel website paywall broken (10 replies)
- NLRB rules on Browning-Ferris: MickyD's workers have the right to know for whom they work (2 replies)
- Emerald Academy principal named (10 replies)
- ORNL was fixin' to learn y'all how to talk better (20 replies)
- Truthful comparison of Democratic contributions is not Negative (12 replies)
- Heartless Haslam's ridiculous letter to Obama embarrasses Tennessee (2 replies)
- Open letter to spammers (10 replies)
- TN House 18: Martin Daniel responds to Rep. Steve Hall attack (3 replies)
- Haslam kicks off campaign at Knoxville News Sentinel headquarters (6 replies)