Tennessee bucks the trend, doubling down on the tea party agenda as the rest of the country rejects right-wing anarchy.
Tom Humphrey breaks down Tennessee's race to the bottom, facilitated in large part by GOP redistricting. To the victors go the spoils. Again.
Lest there be any doubt about how hard-core Tennessee has become, voters sent the 4th District Philanderer back to Washington. In the process, Tennessee conservatives abdicated the "family values" they claim to represent. All you need to win in this state is an R after your name.
The TNDP is strangely silent this morning. Perhaps they were up late celebrating fake Democrat Mark Clayton's relatively strong showing at the polls. (Here's his "victory speech.") He received more than 700,000 votes, or 30.4%, which outperformed some of the actual Democrats in State House races and the real Democrats running for Senate in Maine, Wyoming and Utah.
The national Republican party is licking its wounds this morning while trying to figure out where they went wrong last night. Perhaps they will make Tennessee a case study on how you do it. Here's a hint: Our secret sauce is keeping Tennessee near the bottom in education. It also helps to keep the media in your back pocket.
- Swedes confused/angered by Trump remark (5 replies)
- Louisville Point Park Eagle? (1 reply)
- Traffic deaths expected to have hit troubling milestone (1 reply)
- LWV local news media forum (6 replies)
- The Great Backyard Bird Count is underway (4 replies)
- Concerns linger over future of AMSE after land transfer (1 reply)
- McCain Defends a Free Press: ‘That’s How Dictators Get Started’ (2 replies)
- Nearly one-third of TN high schoolers graduated without all course requirements in 2015 (4 replies)
- U.S. House sanctions hunting hibernating bears, wolf pups in their dens (2 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (101 replies)
- What's Going On? An update about road and greenway projects across Blount County (2 replies)
- NYT: The 'Caddyshack' President (6 replies)
- Feb 22 2017 - 12:00pm (1 day 2 hours from now)
- Feb 23 2017 - 6:00pm (2 days 8 hours from now)
- Feb 27 2017 - 7:00pm (6 days 9 hours from now)