- Soft-support does not win elections. Romney was troubled by people voting AGAINST something rather than for something. Not a good scenario in a country were people tend to vote positively
- Obama lost two 2008 states, but those outcomes were idiosyncratic. Indiana came out against Mourdock, but went heavy for Romney. North Carolina was touch-and-go on its pick for President, but internally voted in GOP super majorities in State legislature with Pat McCrory as the new GOP governor.
- A full 1.2% of the conservative/libertarian vote that may have gone to Romney went to Virgil Goode, a loon, and Gary Johnson, not a loon.
- Gary Johnson carried an average of 1.1 points or so in every state in which he was one the ballot.
- Urban places and Hispanic Counties broke heavy for Obama as did rural counties in Eastern NC/Eastern Va. Texas cities went heavy for Obama as well.
- How things work around here: Sandra Clark called on the carpet by Mike Edwards and Dr. McIntyire (8 replies)
- An encouraging school board work session tonight (85 replies)
- U.T. workers to get raises (3 replies)
- Watch out for climate 'surprises,' scientists warn (6 replies)
- President Pledges Help to Fight AIDS Worldwide (39 replies)
- PISA Day (2 replies)
- Nashville schools forced to purchase technology via capital, not operating, budget? (7 replies)
- Mayor Burchett proposes solar panels for schools, county government buildings (15 replies)
- Blues Brothers Chase Scene ........ in LEGO (1 reply)
- $3 million to recruit low-fare airline to Knox area? (5 replies)
- There's an app for that, but why? (6 replies)
- Junk insurance (8 replies)