We are told that Michael Silence was one of the 33 Knoxville News Sentinel staff let go in the latest round of layoffs.
This is sad news for the Tennessee blogging community. Michael was an early pioneer who helped the News Sentinel establish their online brand and launch dozens of KNS blogs, including the first for any newspaper in Tennessee as far as I know. He also encouraged and helped promote bloggers locally and across the state for years. He is also a hell of a nice guy. Thanks and good luck to Michael.
- Trump uniting the GOP? (8 replies)
- Help a deserving Fulton High student go to Australia (2 replies)
- Payday lenders racking up in Tennessee (3 replies)
- A Record for False Statements in KNS reply (3 replies)
- Air bag recall expanded to millions more cars (6 replies)
- Mayor Burchett goes off on Gov. Haslam re. mental health treatment funding (15 replies)
- Sanders wins Oregon, splits Kentucky with Clinton (3 replies)
- UAW endorses Hillary Clinton (1 reply)
- Switzerland's Gotthard Train Tunnel Will Be World's Longest, Deepest (4 replies)
- Vacation snapshots (4 replies)
- Some South Knoxville businesses forced to move as rent increases (8 replies)
- Tennessee's new prison stops taking inmates (1 reply)