We are told that Michael Silence was one of the 33 Knoxville News Sentinel staff let go in the latest round of layoffs.
This is sad news for the Tennessee blogging community. Michael was an early pioneer who helped the News Sentinel establish their online brand and launch dozens of KNS blogs, including the first for any newspaper in Tennessee as far as I know. He also encouraged and helped promote bloggers locally and across the state for years. He is also a hell of a nice guy. Thanks and good luck to Michael.
- Why America won't do anything about gun violence (45 replies)
- CBO: Budget deficit smallest since 2007 (6 replies)
- National walk to school day (1 reply)
- Just when you thought KNS couldn't suck any worse... (11 replies)
- Sanity prevails, at least temporarily, in Blount Co. (10 replies)
- Breakthrough: Artificial "leaf" imitates photosynthesis to generate power from sunlight (5 replies)
- State Board of Ed poised to approve six new charters over Nashville BOE objections (1 reply)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (68 replies)
- Employment increased by 142,000 in September (2 replies)
- Lost Mailbox Leads to Time Warp (8 replies)
- Co. Commission to ask God not to destroy Blount Co. because of the gays (5 replies)
- Arne Duncan to step down in December (4 replies)
- Oct 13 2015 - 7:30pm (5 days 7 hours from now)
- Oct 13 2015 - 8:00pm (5 days 7 hours from now)