We are told that Michael Silence was one of the 33 Knoxville News Sentinel staff let go in the latest round of layoffs.
This is sad news for the Tennessee blogging community. Michael was an early pioneer who helped the News Sentinel establish their online brand and launch dozens of KNS blogs, including the first for any newspaper in Tennessee as far as I know. He also encouraged and helped promote bloggers locally and across the state for years. He is also a hell of a nice guy. Thanks and good luck to Michael.
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (80 replies)
- Briggs misleads, comes across as a bully (18 replies)
- The new standard for Knox Co. Schools? (1 reply)
- Shopper-News online (3 replies)
- What's The Strategy for Fighting Amendment One? (5 replies)
- Briggs and Military Uniform policy (5 replies)
- Well, this is awkward (6 replies)
- Knox County 2014 State Primary and County General Election Sample Ballot (3 replies)
- The Oldest Bar In Every State (14 replies)
- Geek tip for Klipsch owners: Bob Crites (3 replies)
- Somewhat original thinking for an old problem - a "bottom-up approach to fiscal policy" (7 replies)
- Business Buzzword Bingo, 1962. (3 replies)
- Oct 2 2014 - 6:00pm (2 days 8 hours from now)
- Oct 5 2014 - 2:00pm (5 days 4 hours from now)