We are told that Michael Silence was one of the 33 Knoxville News Sentinel staff let go in the latest round of layoffs.
This is sad news for the Tennessee blogging community. Michael was an early pioneer who helped the News Sentinel establish their online brand and launch dozens of KNS blogs, including the first for any newspaper in Tennessee as far as I know. He also encouraged and helped promote bloggers locally and across the state for years. He is also a hell of a nice guy. Thanks and good luck to Michael.
- Living Walls, Two (1 reply)
- Mayor Rogero's budget focuses on affordable housing, sustainability (4 replies)
- Corker saving Social Security? (19 replies)
- Loss of institutional knowledge already showing at the KNS McPaper (2 replies)
- No Hornback in Shopper (4 replies)
- Shocker at the Shopper (28 replies)
- AP interview of Trump (5 replies)
- Self-driving trolley comes to Knoxville (4 replies)
- It's A Tax, Stupid (and on stupid too) (17 replies)
- You Thought It Was An Urgent Care Center, Until You Got the Bill (1 reply)
- Trump's Cabinet (117 replies)
- Regulating short term rentals in Knoxville (8 replies)