After declaring a curfew at Legislative Plaza last night, Gov. Haslam has sent THP state troopers with a SWAT team to clear the area. An Occupy Nashville livestream report from the scene says approx. 100 officers began arresting a small group of peaceful demonstrators at around 4AM (3AM Nashville time). The detainees were taken away on two Dept. of Corrections buses (separate buses for men and women?). There are no reports of violence or injuries, but there was an unconfirmed report of a woman possibly having a seizure.
UPDATE: News report says about two dozen arrests...
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – A judge has ruled that there was no probable cause to arrest the Occupy Nashville protestors, and has ordered their release. The judge made the ruling just hours after two dozen protestors were taken into custody by Tennessee State Troopers on Legislative Plaza.
- It's getting close to tax time (8 replies)
- Next Stop (21 replies)
- Frank Cagle nails the Voucher Issue (31 replies)
- (Another) Bargain Hunter's Review: United Grocery Outlet (6 replies)
- Led Zeppelin update (5 replies)
- Headline fail (17 replies)
- RIP Leonard Nimoy (8 replies)
- Glenn Reynolds: Libertarian Fascist? (57 replies)
- Other reasons KNS might be losing subscribers (27 replies)
- Here we go again (22 replies)
- Nashville schools audit assesses impact of charter schools (4 replies)
- NAAWP? Seriously? (10 replies)