After declaring a curfew at Legislative Plaza last night, Gov. Haslam has sent THP state troopers with a SWAT team to clear the area. An Occupy Nashville livestream report from the scene says approx. 100 officers began arresting a small group of peaceful demonstrators at around 4AM (3AM Nashville time). The detainees were taken away on two Dept. of Corrections buses (separate buses for men and women?). There are no reports of violence or injuries, but there was an unconfirmed report of a woman possibly having a seizure.
UPDATE: News report says about two dozen arrests...
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – A judge has ruled that there was no probable cause to arrest the Occupy Nashville protestors, and has ordered their release. The judge made the ruling just hours after two dozen protestors were taken into custody by Tennessee State Troopers on Legislative Plaza.
- Looking like a deadlock (3 replies)
- Some happy Labor Day news from California (2 replies)
- ETSPJ denounces McIntyre - BOE "agreement" (10 replies)
- ISIS (113 replies)
- Big Box Health Care: Are You Ready for Walmart Care Clinics? (7 replies)
- Does this make you feel safer? (4 replies)
- Surprise, surprise! (49 replies)
- All the Companies Making Money From Healthcare.gov in One Chart (26 replies)
- GOP governors expanding Medicaid (4 replies)
- Making up new law to circumvent elected control of schools? (33 replies)
- Wanted to publicly thank someone (21 replies)
- Bill Ailor sued in Circuit Court (7 replies)