After declaring a curfew at Legislative Plaza last night, Gov. Haslam has sent THP state troopers with a SWAT team to clear the area. An Occupy Nashville livestream report from the scene says approx. 100 officers began arresting a small group of peaceful demonstrators at around 4AM (3AM Nashville time). The detainees were taken away on two Dept. of Corrections buses (separate buses for men and women?). There are no reports of violence or injuries, but there was an unconfirmed report of a woman possibly having a seizure.
UPDATE: News report says about two dozen arrests...
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – A judge has ruled that there was no probable cause to arrest the Occupy Nashville protestors, and has ordered their release. The judge made the ruling just hours after two dozen protestors were taken into custody by Tennessee State Troopers on Legislative Plaza.
- School shooting in Oregon (19 replies)
- Now what? (2 replies)
- DOE awards UT $2.9 million grant for graduate energy technology program (3 replies)
- Just when you thought KNS couldn't suck any worse... (14 replies)
- Why America won't do anything about gun violence (63 replies)
- The remarkable thing that happens to poor kids when you give their parents a little money (1 reply)
- National walk to school day (7 replies)
- CBO: Budget deficit smallest since 2007 (7 replies)
- State Board of Ed poised to approve six new charters over Nashville BOE objections (3 replies)
- Sanity prevails, at least temporarily, in Blount Co. (10 replies)
- Breakthrough: Artificial "leaf" imitates photosynthesis to generate power from sunlight (5 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (68 replies)
- Oct 13 2015 - 7:30pm (3 days 10 hours from now)
- Oct 13 2015 - 8:00pm (3 days 11 hours from now)