After declaring a curfew at Legislative Plaza last night, Gov. Haslam has sent THP state troopers with a SWAT team to clear the area. An Occupy Nashville livestream report from the scene says approx. 100 officers began arresting a small group of peaceful demonstrators at around 4AM (3AM Nashville time). The detainees were taken away on two Dept. of Corrections buses (separate buses for men and women?). There are no reports of violence or injuries, but there was an unconfirmed report of a woman possibly having a seizure.
UPDATE: News report says about two dozen arrests...
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – A judge has ruled that there was no probable cause to arrest the Occupy Nashville protestors, and has ordered their release. The judge made the ruling just hours after two dozen protestors were taken into custody by Tennessee State Troopers on Legislative Plaza.
- How Republicans quietly sabotaged Obamacare long before Trump came into office (2 replies)
- Repealing Obamacare affects everyone (54 replies)
- ACA repeal vote canceled, effort falling apart (13 replies)
- What your Congressman thinks of you (8 replies)
- Study: Tennessee among the most federally dependent states (2 replies)
- Maybe our government works after all (1 reply)
- Why doesn't Rep. Eddie Smith want to test school drinking water for lead? (13 replies)
- Thousands of Would-Be Democratic Candidates Flood States in Trump Backlash (2 replies)
- FBI investigates 'odd' computer link between Russian bank and Trump Organization (4 replies)
- North Dakota bill, would legalize accidentally running over protesters in the road (3 replies)
- The "Daily Show" was at Trump Nashville rally (2 replies)
- Trump budget (14 replies)