Latest advisory from the NOAA National Weather Service Hurricane Center:
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS REMAIN NEAR 100 MPH... WITH HIGHER GUSTS. IRENE IS A CATEGORY TWO HURRICANE ON THE SAFFIR-SIMPSON HURRICANE WIND SCALE. ADDITIONAL STRENGTHENING IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS... AND IRENE COULD BECOME A MAJOR HURRICANE LATER TODAY OR ON WEDNESDAY.
Rainfall of 5 to 10 inches is expected in the Bahamas and a storm surge of 9 to 13 feet above normal tide. The current tracking forecast could put the storm over the Central Florida coast by 2AM Friday.
- Chattanooga multi-use parking garage (5 replies)
- TIDAL wave? (9 replies)
- Tennessee Medicaid expansion task force plan: DOA? (1 reply)
- UT & downtown parking costs to increase starting Friday (2 replies)
- Trump's gonna win (25 replies)
- Clinton: Silicon Valley frat bros need our help! (1 reply)
- Time running out for free Windows 10 upgrade (9 replies)
- streetcar map (4 replies)
- RIP Pat Summitt (19 replies)
- Volunteer sunflower (1 reply)
- Supreme Court strikes down Texas abortion restrictions (7 replies)
- You can tell it's summer (41 replies)