Latest advisory from the NOAA National Weather Service Hurricane Center:
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS REMAIN NEAR 100 MPH... WITH HIGHER GUSTS. IRENE IS A CATEGORY TWO HURRICANE ON THE SAFFIR-SIMPSON HURRICANE WIND SCALE. ADDITIONAL STRENGTHENING IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS... AND IRENE COULD BECOME A MAJOR HURRICANE LATER TODAY OR ON WEDNESDAY.
Rainfall of 5 to 10 inches is expected in the Bahamas and a storm surge of 9 to 13 feet above normal tide. The current tracking forecast could put the storm over the Central Florida coast by 2AM Friday.
- Knoxville bike trail in national finals for $100K grant (1 reply)
- Rikki's butterfly weed (5 replies)
- Christenberry House comes down (8 replies)
- Home cookin' (24 replies)
- Knox County Schools balanced calendar survey controversy (50 replies)
- Garden coming in (1 reply)
- State offering voluntary employee buyouts (3 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (39 replies)
- Tennessee offers rebates for electric cars and PHEVs (7 replies)
- Haslam's legacy (23 replies)
- Hello, Nashville? Anybody Home? (5 replies)
- Mark Harmon on American Exceptionalism (4 replies)