Latest advisory from the NOAA National Weather Service Hurricane Center:
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS REMAIN NEAR 100 MPH... WITH HIGHER GUSTS. IRENE IS A CATEGORY TWO HURRICANE ON THE SAFFIR-SIMPSON HURRICANE WIND SCALE. ADDITIONAL STRENGTHENING IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS... AND IRENE COULD BECOME A MAJOR HURRICANE LATER TODAY OR ON WEDNESDAY.
Rainfall of 5 to 10 inches is expected in the Bahamas and a storm surge of 9 to 13 feet above normal tide. The current tracking forecast could put the storm over the Central Florida coast by 2AM Friday.
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (58 replies)
- Immigration and Entitlements = Trump Traction (8 replies)
- Into the Belly of the Beast (3 replies)
- Plans for Midway Business Park revived (6 replies)
- Big Brother is (was?) listening at the courthouse (5 replies)
- so this is it ... (7 replies)
- Status of State Action on the Medicaid Expansion Decision (2 replies)
- Tivo deal alert (2 replies)
- City Council candidate forum (5 replies)
- EPA fines Rep. Andy Hold for illegal hog waste dumping (5 replies)
- Praise the Lord and pass the legislation! (32 replies)
- Redesign of Public Space at Riverwalk (22 replies)