The Mrs. found this photo at Springbrook Park in Alcoa yesterday evening, face down in some leaves near the playground. As you can see, it's a little beat up. We wondered if it was carried here from the storm.
Based on the team names and the date printed on the back of the photo, we think it's from a high school girl's basketball game between the Pisgah Alabama Eagles and the North Jackson Chiefs of Stevenson Alabama on January 17, 2009. The photo was printed on Feb. 13, 2009 by snapfish.com. Pisgha won the game 63-41.
Pisgah and Stevenson are both in Northeast Alabama's Jackson County near the Tennessee border. According to news reports, Jackson County was hit hard by multiple tornadoes that left eight confirmed dead and massive destruction.
We have a couple of leads based on the young woman's jersey number in the photo and will try to track down who the photo belongs to, and how it ended up in a city park nearly two hundred miles away.
- Yes, Virginia, there are Democrats on the ballot (8 replies)
- Jason Emert, Sleazy campaigner (3 replies)
- Briggs (186 replies)
- Knox Co. should resolve Halls greenway project issues (3 replies)
- KNS running more misleading ads (2 replies)
- Education Meeting Tuesday at Central High School (4 replies)
- R.I.P. James Garner (5 replies)
- This Map Shows Just How Hot Your City Will Become Thanks to Climate Change (6 replies)
- Comcast customer "service" fail (16 replies)
- I did not know this about U.S. Senate campaign finance reports (2 replies)
- Campaign finance sampling (28 replies)
- Why most employers aren’t like Starbucks and Costco (1 reply)
- Jul 24 2014 - 6:00pm (2 days 14 hours from now)
- Jul 26 2014 - 9:00am (4 days 5 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 10:00am (1 week 6 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 5:30pm (1 week 14 hours from now)