The Mrs. found this photo at Springbrook Park in Alcoa yesterday evening, face down in some leaves near the playground. As you can see, it's a little beat up. We wondered if it was carried here from the storm.
Based on the team names and the date printed on the back of the photo, we think it's from a high school girl's basketball game between the Pisgah Alabama Eagles and the North Jackson Chiefs of Stevenson Alabama on January 17, 2009. The photo was printed on Feb. 13, 2009 by snapfish.com. Pisgha won the game 63-41.
Pisgah and Stevenson are both in Northeast Alabama's Jackson County near the Tennessee border. According to news reports, Jackson County was hit hard by multiple tornadoes that left eight confirmed dead and massive destruction.
We have a couple of leads based on the young woman's jersey number in the photo and will try to track down who the photo belongs to, and how it ended up in a city park nearly two hundred miles away.
- Marsha, Marsha, Marsha: unlike Duncan, not afraid of constituents (4 replies)
- Louisville Point Park Eagle? (2 replies)
- Swedes confused/angered by Trump remark (5 replies)
- Traffic deaths expected to have hit troubling milestone (1 reply)
- LWV local news media forum (6 replies)
- The Great Backyard Bird Count is underway (4 replies)
- Concerns linger over future of AMSE after land transfer (1 reply)
- McCain Defends a Free Press: ‘That’s How Dictators Get Started’ (2 replies)
- Nearly one-third of TN high schoolers graduated without all course requirements in 2015 (4 replies)
- U.S. House sanctions hunting hibernating bears, wolf pups in their dens (2 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (101 replies)
- What's Going On? An update about road and greenway projects across Blount County (2 replies)
- Feb 22 2017 - 12:00pm (3 hours 3 min ago)
- Feb 23 2017 - 6:00pm (1 day 2 hours from now)
- Feb 27 2017 - 7:00pm (5 days 3 hours from now)