The Mrs. found this photo at Springbrook Park in Alcoa yesterday evening, face down in some leaves near the playground. As you can see, it's a little beat up. We wondered if it was carried here from the storm.
Based on the team names and the date printed on the back of the photo, we think it's from a high school girl's basketball game between the Pisgah Alabama Eagles and the North Jackson Chiefs of Stevenson Alabama on January 17, 2009. The photo was printed on Feb. 13, 2009 by snapfish.com. Pisgha won the game 63-41.
Pisgah and Stevenson are both in Northeast Alabama's Jackson County near the Tennessee border. According to news reports, Jackson County was hit hard by multiple tornadoes that left eight confirmed dead and massive destruction.
We have a couple of leads based on the young woman's jersey number in the photo and will try to track down who the photo belongs to, and how it ended up in a city park nearly two hundred miles away.
- Trump's Cabinet (70 replies)
- Women's March on Washington includes local events (1 reply)
- We are living... (3 replies)
- Repealing Obamacare affects everyone (12 replies)
- Will Trump last four years? (58 replies)
- A message (2 replies)
- Companies Are Recycling Their Old News to Avoid Being Blasted in a Trump Tweet (2 replies)
- Roger Kane Insists our Legislature is Incredibly Diverse (4 replies)
- Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) on secularists (8 replies)
- Traffic cameras and the Constitution (3 replies)
- South Waterfront area coffee shop opens (4 replies)
- Some Inauguration Day tips... (1 reply)
- Jan 19 2017 - 7:30pm (1 day 9 min from now)
- Jan 20 2017 - 6:00pm (1 day 22 hours from now)
- Feb 3 2017 - 10:00am (2 weeks 1 day from now)