The Mrs. found this photo at Springbrook Park in Alcoa yesterday evening, face down in some leaves near the playground. As you can see, it's a little beat up. We wondered if it was carried here from the storm.
Based on the team names and the date printed on the back of the photo, we think it's from a high school girl's basketball game between the Pisgah Alabama Eagles and the North Jackson Chiefs of Stevenson Alabama on January 17, 2009. The photo was printed on Feb. 13, 2009 by snapfish.com. Pisgha won the game 63-41.
Pisgah and Stevenson are both in Northeast Alabama's Jackson County near the Tennessee border. According to news reports, Jackson County was hit hard by multiple tornadoes that left eight confirmed dead and massive destruction.
We have a couple of leads based on the young woman's jersey number in the photo and will try to track down who the photo belongs to, and how it ended up in a city park nearly two hundred miles away.
- Cell phone outages in southeast Aug 4th (4 replies)
- Windows 10 doesn't suck (15 replies)
- Jimmy Carter: America is no longer a democracy (1 reply)
- Ijams rope course death (16 replies)
- USA! USA! (4 replies)
- AJ building proposals (3 replies)
- Newsroom of the Future's editor, past tense (3 replies)
- Obama unveils ‘biggest step we’ve ever taken’ on climate (2 replies)
- Haslam lays out plans for statewide road revenue tour (15 replies)
- Brewery, coffee roaster, others opening in South Knoxville (10 replies)
- Foster Arnett Parking Space + News Sentinel Removed Story (49 replies)
- Why teachers can’t hotfoot it out of Kansas fast enough (1 reply)