The Mrs. found this photo at Springbrook Park in Alcoa yesterday evening, face down in some leaves near the playground. As you can see, it's a little beat up. We wondered if it was carried here from the storm.
Based on the team names and the date printed on the back of the photo, we think it's from a high school girl's basketball game between the Pisgah Alabama Eagles and the North Jackson Chiefs of Stevenson Alabama on January 17, 2009. The photo was printed on Feb. 13, 2009 by snapfish.com. Pisgha won the game 63-41.
Pisgah and Stevenson are both in Northeast Alabama's Jackson County near the Tennessee border. According to news reports, Jackson County was hit hard by multiple tornadoes that left eight confirmed dead and massive destruction.
We have a couple of leads based on the young woman's jersey number in the photo and will try to track down who the photo belongs to, and how it ended up in a city park nearly two hundred miles away.
- ACA repeal vote canceled, effort falling apart (10 replies)
- Why doesn't Rep. Eddie Smith want to test school drinking water for lead? (12 replies)
- Thousands of Would-Be Democratic Candidates Flood States in Trump Backlash (1 reply)
- FBI investigates 'odd' computer link between Russian bank and Trump Organization (4 replies)
- North Dakota bill, would legalize accidentally running over protesters in the road (3 replies)
- The "Daily Show" was at Trump Nashville rally (2 replies)
- Trump budget (14 replies)
- Study: Tennessee among the most federally dependent states (1 reply)
- Pour one out for Ruby Tuesday (5 replies)
- SoKno Taco Grand Opening Friday, March 31 (2 replies)
- Safety center advancing (1 reply)
- Why does Trump hate Obama? (6 replies)