Massive storms moved through the South last night claiming more than 170 lives, most in Alabama which was hardest hit. There are six reported fatalities in Tennessee. Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi and Tennessee have all declared a state of emergency.
ALSO: AP photos by state
UPDATE: The Weather Channel says the storm's death toll has now reached 249, with 162 in Alabama, 33 in Tennessee, 32 in Mississippi, 14 in Georgia, and 8 in Virginia. This is the 3rd deadliest outbreak since the 1930s.
- Bicycle superhighways (2 replies)
- Shadowy groups seek to keep virtual schools alive in Tennessee (12 replies)
- Tennessee and Kansas (3 replies)
- Voucher Action (2 replies)
- Falling to the mat with the ACA - King vs Burwell (2 replies)
- KCS fundraising faux pas (13 replies)
- Developers Plan to Change Baptist Hospital Site Plans (23 replies)
- Betty Bean: Emerald Recruitment Ltr Angers Christenberry Faculty (29 replies)
- Free market senior services? (7 replies)
- Belated condolences to Jamie Satterfield (7 replies)
- Frank Cagle nails the Voucher Issue (35 replies)
- Next Stop (35 replies)