Massive storms moved through the South last night claiming more than 170 lives, most in Alabama which was hardest hit. There are six reported fatalities in Tennessee. Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi and Tennessee have all declared a state of emergency.
ALSO: AP photos by state
UPDATE: The Weather Channel says the storm's death toll has now reached 249, with 162 in Alabama, 33 in Tennessee, 32 in Mississippi, 14 in Georgia, and 8 in Virginia. This is the 3rd deadliest outbreak since the 1930s.
- Geek stuff: Droid Turbo (9 replies)
- Blurring the Racial Lines (41 replies)
- The banality of evil (12 replies)
- NYT Calls for prosecution of Cheney et al for torture in today's editorial (1 reply)
- DG tissues: what you see (3 replies)
- KnoxViews 2014 year in review (4 replies)
- What are best places to get soup in Knoxville? (19 replies)
- Autism Risk Linked to Particulate Air Pollution (6 replies)
- NLRB issues complaints since McDonald's qualifies as joint employer (2 replies)
- City to rebid Cumberland Ave. project (52 replies)
- Happy birthday to the Mr. (42 replies)
- Circle Modern Dance Primitive Light (2 replies)