Massive storms moved through the South last night claiming more than 170 lives, most in Alabama which was hardest hit. There are six reported fatalities in Tennessee. Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi and Tennessee have all declared a state of emergency.
ALSO: AP photos by state
UPDATE: The Weather Channel says the storm's death toll has now reached 249, with 162 in Alabama, 33 in Tennessee, 32 in Mississippi, 14 in Georgia, and 8 in Virginia. This is the 3rd deadliest outbreak since the 1930s.
- Who's worse: Delusional sellers or Realtors who enable them? (26 replies)
- Gaza: it's about natural gas (1 reply)
- Gov Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power (17 replies)
- McIntyre: Burchett remarks "appalling" and "ignorant" (37 replies)
- Laying the foundation (18 replies)
- Police state of America (33 replies)
- Conversations (4 replies)
- Corporate profits (1 reply)
- JD3 cleared to run for Congress (28 replies)
- ISIS (40 replies)
- The "newsroom of the future" without Chas Sisk (3 replies)
- Episcopal Church approves liturgy for blessing same-gender unions (4 replies)