Massive storms moved through the South last night claiming more than 170 lives, most in Alabama which was hardest hit. There are six reported fatalities in Tennessee. Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi and Tennessee have all declared a state of emergency.
ALSO: AP photos by state
UPDATE: The Weather Channel says the storm's death toll has now reached 249, with 162 in Alabama, 33 in Tennessee, 32 in Mississippi, 14 in Georgia, and 8 in Virginia. This is the 3rd deadliest outbreak since the 1930s.
- Ditching your landline for a wireless home phone (3 replies)
- Haslam's legacy (31 replies)
- Rikki's butterfly weed (7 replies)
- City unveils new website (20 replies)
- State rep hog farmer under EPA microscope (1 reply)
- Tennessee offers rebates for electric cars and PHEVs (10 replies)
- RIP Dr. Julian (1 reply)
- TN # 1, again (5 replies)
- Rewriting the Rules (3 replies)
- Christenberry House comes down (10 replies)
- Knoxville bike trail in national finals for $100K grant (1 reply)
- Home cookin' (24 replies)