Massive storms moved through the South last night claiming more than 170 lives, most in Alabama which was hardest hit. There are six reported fatalities in Tennessee. Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi and Tennessee have all declared a state of emergency.
ALSO: AP photos by state
UPDATE: The Weather Channel says the storm's death toll has now reached 249, with 162 in Alabama, 33 in Tennessee, 32 in Mississippi, 14 in Georgia, and 8 in Virginia. This is the 3rd deadliest outbreak since the 1930s.
- DTV hosts Dr. Bob Kronick on the subject of community schools tonight. (3 replies)
- L.A. wants their school iPad money back (6 replies)
- A word before you rush out to buy those plants.... (5 replies)
- Vertical farm can make 44,000 pounds of tomatoes on the side of a parking lot (7 replies)
- Cumberland Ave. Redesign Detour/Closure (147 replies)
- Last ditch appeal to resurrect Insure Tennessee Medicaid expansion (5 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (27 replies)
- Allergies are kicking my butt this spring (11 replies)
- Need Your Opinion -- Why live in Knoxville and Where? (85 replies)
- What gives "conservatives" a bad name (15 replies)
- Downtown street musicians (6 replies)
- Santa Gov wants to give FedEx an early Christmas present (10 replies)