Massive storms moved through the South last night claiming more than 170 lives, most in Alabama which was hardest hit. There are six reported fatalities in Tennessee. Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi and Tennessee have all declared a state of emergency.
ALSO: AP photos by state
UPDATE: The Weather Channel says the storm's death toll has now reached 249, with 162 in Alabama, 33 in Tennessee, 32 in Mississippi, 14 in Georgia, and 8 in Virginia. This is the 3rd deadliest outbreak since the 1930s.
- One last questionnaire for school board candidates (which I didn't answer) (2 replies)
- Tips for local live musicians (6 replies)
- Oh National Democrats wherefore art thou? (10 replies)
- Remembering Black Wednesday (17 replies)
- Campaign Party and Kickoff for Cameron Brooks! (5 replies)
- The Internets and Questionable Journalism (21 replies)
- Gates-funded inBloom student data repository shutting down (3 replies)
- KnoxViews exclusive: U.S. Senate candidate Gordon Ball on the issues (20 replies)
- Passover breakfast at McDonald's (2 replies)
- TEA: "Many victories" for public ed this legislative session (2 replies)
- Phone Advice Needed (36 replies)
- KUB having trouble with broken water mains (6 replies)