Brooke Baldwin (Twitter, Facebook, CNN video blog) needs to be fired from CNN. Rick Sanchez was intolerable, but his replacement and former co-host is worse. She is a stupid, uninformed fashion model wannabe who is exceedingly rude to her guests, especially if they are experts.
She's at her best when sucking up to other vapid celebrities, but when talk turns to politics, foreign policy, science, or anything else above her pay grade she's lost. She keeps interrupting people to ask dumb questions that they just answered or changes the subject to something she thinks she might be able to understand.
Expert: "So the iodine radionuclides being released into the environment have a half life of..."
Brooke: "Wait a second. Are you saying it's not safe to use iodine? Should we tell people to use neosporin or something instead?"
Expert: "No, I'm saying that people downwind of the release should..."
Brooke: "Sorry, I have to stop you right there because we have to go to breaking YouTube video of Lindsay Lohan getting her cat tattooed."
OK, that's made up but it really is that bad sometimes. (Yesterday she sang Happy Birthday to a cardboard cutout of Wolf Blitzer. And that's not made up.) She's the best thing to ever happen to Shep Smith and Studio B on Fox.
Thankfully she's on vacation so we get a reprieve for a few days. Please, CNN, put her on permanent vacation.
- Investigative Report on Rick Staples Part II (3 replies)
- Investigative Report on Rick Staples Part I (1 reply)
- Knoxville could test self-driving cars (1 reply)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (70 replies)
- Water enforcement dropped in business-friendly Haslam administration (5 replies)
- Hate is learned at home... (1 reply)
- Clinton campaign faltering (7 replies)
- Ammo plant deal falling apart? (8 replies)
- WBIR Inside Tennessee - Democratic candidate Gloria Johnson (3 replies)
- Bald Eagle on French Broad (5 replies)
- South High redux as Assisted Living Center (1 reply)
- Bill seeking to stop scalpers from grabbing online tickets has cleared the House (2 replies)