Brooke Baldwin (Twitter, Facebook, CNN video blog) needs to be fired from CNN. Rick Sanchez was intolerable, but his replacement and former co-host is worse. She is a stupid, uninformed fashion model wannabe who is exceedingly rude to her guests, especially if they are experts.
She's at her best when sucking up to other vapid celebrities, but when talk turns to politics, foreign policy, science, or anything else above her pay grade she's lost. She keeps interrupting people to ask dumb questions that they just answered or changes the subject to something she thinks she might be able to understand.
Expert: "So the iodine radionuclides being released into the environment have a half life of..."
Brooke: "Wait a second. Are you saying it's not safe to use iodine? Should we tell people to use neosporin or something instead?"
Expert: "No, I'm saying that people downwind of the release should..."
Brooke: "Sorry, I have to stop you right there because we have to go to breaking YouTube video of Lindsay Lohan getting her cat tattooed."
OK, that's made up but it really is that bad sometimes. (Yesterday she sang Happy Birthday to a cardboard cutout of Wolf Blitzer. And that's not made up.) She's the best thing to ever happen to Shep Smith and Studio B on Fox.
Thankfully she's on vacation so we get a reprieve for a few days. Please, CNN, put her on permanent vacation.
- The new standard for Knox Co. Schools? (14 replies)
- ISIS+ (4 replies)
- Well, this is awkward (30 replies)
- McMillan elected School Board Chair (3 replies)
- Um, Greg Johnson? Haslam's free tuition plan NOT "first-in-the-nation," just screwiest (8 replies)
- EBT confusion (96 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (82 replies)
- What's The Strategy for Fighting Amendment One? (11 replies)
- Briggs misleads, comes across as a bully (20 replies)
- Shopper-News online (3 replies)
- Briggs and Military Uniform policy (5 replies)
- Knox County 2014 State Primary and County General Election Sample Ballot (3 replies)
- Oct 2 2014 - 6:00pm (7 hours 27 min from now)
- Oct 5 2014 - 2:00pm (3 days 3 hours from now)
- Oct 6 2014 - 6:15pm (4 days 7 hours from now)
- Oct 6 2014 - 7:00pm (4 days 8 hours from now)