From Josh Flory at News-Sentinel ...
The article refers to some TIF complications with City View.
As an aside ...
That is a huge boat dock they have at City View. I am surprised they can commandeer so much of the river. What kind of laws control that sort of thing?
From the article ...
The Cityview condo project may have new owners, but the old TIF deal is causing a legal headache for the city.
Earlier this month, a pair of entities with ties to the South Waterfront project filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court against the city of Knoxville and Knoxville's Community Development Corp. The dispute centers on a complicated financing arrangement that was established to help spur the condo project, which is across Fort Loudoun Lake from Neyland Stadium, on the former Knoxville Glove Co. site.
- Happy birthday to the Mr. (4 replies)
- Blurring the Racial Lines (3 replies)
- What are best places to get soup in Knoxville? (12 replies)
- Elizabeth Warren for president! (65 replies)
- City to rebid Cumberland Ave. project (24 replies)
- What Every State in the U.S. Is Worst at (1 reply)
- Haslam names new education commissioner (5 replies)
- The End of an Era (1 reply)
- Final nail for Hemlock (2 replies)
- Island Home apartment project may break ground this week (10 replies)
- The banality of evil (4 replies)
- All-Clad for the win (9 replies)