From Josh Flory at News-Sentinel ...
The article refers to some TIF complications with City View.
As an aside ...
That is a huge boat dock they have at City View. I am surprised they can commandeer so much of the river. What kind of laws control that sort of thing?
From the article ...
The Cityview condo project may have new owners, but the old TIF deal is causing a legal headache for the city.
Earlier this month, a pair of entities with ties to the South Waterfront project filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court against the city of Knoxville and Knoxville's Community Development Corp. The dispute centers on a complicated financing arrangement that was established to help spur the condo project, which is across Fort Loudoun Lake from Neyland Stadium, on the former Knoxville Glove Co. site.
- Jimmy Haslam's house on the market for $4.9 million (12 replies)
- Attn: Ted Cruz (1 reply)
- Guns in parks passes Senate (10 replies)
- Next month: Massive support as TN joins three other states in SCOTUS challenge to gay marriage bans (2 replies)
- Insure Tennessee killed. Again. (16 replies)
- Scripps out of the newspaper business as of today (1 reply)
- Electioneering Time! (Or April Fool's prank?) (9 replies)
- Tonight! Iron Jawed Angels (2 replies)
- FIX THIS NOW (6 replies)
- Stambaugh family displaced by home fire (5 replies)
- It's official: U.T. names Rick Barnes as new basketball coach (6 replies)
- Congrats to new KCDP officeholders (14 replies)