From Josh Flory at News-Sentinel ...
The article refers to some TIF complications with City View.
As an aside ...
That is a huge boat dock they have at City View. I am surprised they can commandeer so much of the river. What kind of laws control that sort of thing?
From the article ...
The Cityview condo project may have new owners, but the old TIF deal is causing a legal headache for the city.
Earlier this month, a pair of entities with ties to the South Waterfront project filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court against the city of Knoxville and Knoxville's Community Development Corp. The dispute centers on a complicated financing arrangement that was established to help spur the condo project, which is across Fort Loudoun Lake from Neyland Stadium, on the former Knoxville Glove Co. site.
- Metro Pulse BOE Endorsements (32 replies)
- Mayor Rogero announces city budget, proposed tax increase (9 replies)
- National Park Week: "For the benefit and enjoyment of the people" (6 replies)
- TDOT commissioner: Tennessee facing new taxing method or deteriorating roads (15 replies)
- Tips for local live musicians (19 replies)
- Everything you wanted to know about Compact Fluorescent Bulbs, including the mercury problem (50 replies)
- Thanks, Jim (3 replies)
- Women’s Representation in Tennessee (1 reply)
- First woman to fly around the world solo forgotten. (3 replies)
- One last questionnaire for school board candidates (which I didn't answer) (5 replies)
- KUB having trouble with broken water mains (7 replies)
- Oh National Democrats wherefore art thou? (10 replies)