From Josh Flory at News-Sentinel ...
The article refers to some TIF complications with City View.
As an aside ...
That is a huge boat dock they have at City View. I am surprised they can commandeer so much of the river. What kind of laws control that sort of thing?
From the article ...
The Cityview condo project may have new owners, but the old TIF deal is causing a legal headache for the city.
Earlier this month, a pair of entities with ties to the South Waterfront project filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court against the city of Knoxville and Knoxville's Community Development Corp. The dispute centers on a complicated financing arrangement that was established to help spur the condo project, which is across Fort Loudoun Lake from Neyland Stadium, on the former Knoxville Glove Co. site.
- ACA repeal vote canceled, effort falling apart (3 replies)
- Why doesn't Rep. Eddie Smith want to test school drinking water for lead? (10 replies)
- FBI investigates 'odd' computer link between Russian bank and Trump Organization (4 replies)
- North Dakota bill, would legalize accidentally running over protesters in the road (3 replies)
- The "Daily Show" was at Trump Nashville rally (2 replies)
- Trump budget (14 replies)
- Study: Tennessee among the most federally dependent states (1 reply)
- Pour one out for Ruby Tuesday (5 replies)
- SoKno Taco Grand Opening Friday, March 31 (2 replies)
- Safety center advancing (1 reply)
- Why does Trump hate Obama? (6 replies)
- Chuck Berry, rock 'n' roll pioneer, dead at 90 (1 reply)
- Mar 24 2017 - 9:00am (41 min 54 sec from now)
- Mar 28 2017 - 6:30pm (4 days 10 hours from now)
- Mar 29 2017 - 12:00pm (5 days 3 hours from now)
- Apr 27 2017 - 6:00pm (4 weeks 6 days from now)