In one of its more bizarre editorials of late, the KNS says the County Commission vote to stop Midway is "nearsighted, shows a lack of backbone, and sends the wrong message to businesses that might want to invest in Knox County."
Further, some commissioners "seem more concerned about placating Thorn Grove residents opposed to the park than doing what's best for the county."
Since when is representing the wishes of the people who elected you "placating?"
But wait. There's more.
County Mayor Burchett is "unaware of the basic facts" and his "apparent ignorance" is "breathtaking and smacks of incompetence."
You'll have to pay 75 cents to read this chamber-speak propaganda hit piece because it isn't posted online. Can't say as I blame them. I'd be embarrassed, too.
- Toxic chemicals from train incident suspected in Culton Creek fish kill (16 replies)
- Suttree Landing Park groundbreaking (3 replies)
- Greek humor (1 reply)
- Funny letter to the editor (12 replies)
- Downtown teen curfew in Knoxville? (3 replies)
- Concert performances you have experienced (and can remember) (55 replies)
- school board meeting underway (102 replies)
- Cumberland Ave. project: There's an app for that (37 replies)
- Supreme Court rules against EPA on regulating mercury emissions (33 replies)
- Sheriff's office stonewalling jail beating victim's lawyers? (9 replies)
- Celebrating with a Strawberry Cobbler (2 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (48 replies)