In one of its more bizarre editorials of late, the KNS says the County Commission vote to stop Midway is "nearsighted, shows a lack of backbone, and sends the wrong message to businesses that might want to invest in Knox County."
Further, some commissioners "seem more concerned about placating Thorn Grove residents opposed to the park than doing what's best for the county."
Since when is representing the wishes of the people who elected you "placating?"
But wait. There's more.
County Mayor Burchett is "unaware of the basic facts" and his "apparent ignorance" is "breathtaking and smacks of incompetence."
You'll have to pay 75 cents to read this chamber-speak propaganda hit piece because it isn't posted online. Can't say as I blame them. I'd be embarrassed, too.
- E.W. Scripps getting out of the newspaper business (7 replies)
- Adams and Ball spar at Bolivar candidate forum (22 replies)
- Emerald Academy principal named (20 replies)
- Women in Black vigils (1 reply)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (47 replies)
- Turnout predictions? (18 replies)
- NLRB rules on Browning-Ferris: MickyD's workers have the right to know for whom they work (3 replies)
- BREAKING: Tom Humphrey retiring (24 replies)
- Huffman caves (2 replies)
- News Sentinel website paywall broken (10 replies)
- ORNL was fixin' to learn y'all how to talk better (20 replies)
- Truthful comparison of Democratic contributions is not Negative (12 replies)