In one of its more bizarre editorials of late, the KNS says the County Commission vote to stop Midway is "nearsighted, shows a lack of backbone, and sends the wrong message to businesses that might want to invest in Knox County."
Further, some commissioners "seem more concerned about placating Thorn Grove residents opposed to the park than doing what's best for the county."
Since when is representing the wishes of the people who elected you "placating?"
But wait. There's more.
County Mayor Burchett is "unaware of the basic facts" and his "apparent ignorance" is "breathtaking and smacks of incompetence."
You'll have to pay 75 cents to read this chamber-speak propaganda hit piece because it isn't posted online. Can't say as I blame them. I'd be embarrassed, too.
- What's The Strategy for Fighting Amendment One? (10 replies)
- Well, this is awkward (8 replies)
- Briggs misleads, comes across as a bully (19 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (81 replies)
- The new standard for Knox Co. Schools? (1 reply)
- Shopper-News online (3 replies)
- Briggs and Military Uniform policy (5 replies)
- Knox County 2014 State Primary and County General Election Sample Ballot (3 replies)
- The Oldest Bar In Every State (14 replies)
- Geek tip for Klipsch owners: Bob Crites (3 replies)
- Somewhat original thinking for an old problem - a "bottom-up approach to fiscal policy" (7 replies)
- Business Buzzword Bingo, 1962. (3 replies)
- Oct 2 2014 - 6:00pm (2 days 3 hours from now)
- Oct 5 2014 - 2:00pm (4 days 23 hours from now)