In one of its more bizarre editorials of late, the KNS says the County Commission vote to stop Midway is "nearsighted, shows a lack of backbone, and sends the wrong message to businesses that might want to invest in Knox County."
Further, some commissioners "seem more concerned about placating Thorn Grove residents opposed to the park than doing what's best for the county."
Since when is representing the wishes of the people who elected you "placating?"
But wait. There's more.
County Mayor Burchett is "unaware of the basic facts" and his "apparent ignorance" is "breathtaking and smacks of incompetence."
You'll have to pay 75 cents to read this chamber-speak propaganda hit piece because it isn't posted online. Can't say as I blame them. I'd be embarrassed, too.
- McIntyre: Burchett remarks "appalling" and "ignorant" (67 replies)
- Nashville Charter Drama (12 replies)
- FBI investigating charter school waste, fraud and corruption (5 replies)
- ISIS (50 replies)
- Fear of black people voting (3 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (323 replies)
- Mayor Rogero supports Freedom to Marry (1 reply)
- The "newsroom of the future" without Chas Sisk (4 replies)
- Five Knox Co. schools named as "Reward Schools" for performance and progress (8 replies)
- Corporate profits (3 replies)
- Gov Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power (18 replies)
- Conversations (5 replies)
- Aug 23 2014 - 11:00am (3 hours 53 min ago)
- Aug 26 2014 - 6:00pm (3 days 3 hours from now)
- Aug 28 2014 - 6:00pm (5 days 3 hours from now)
- Sep 10 2014 - 7:00pm (2 weeks 4 days from now)