In one of its more bizarre editorials of late, the KNS says the County Commission vote to stop Midway is "nearsighted, shows a lack of backbone, and sends the wrong message to businesses that might want to invest in Knox County."
Further, some commissioners "seem more concerned about placating Thorn Grove residents opposed to the park than doing what's best for the county."
Since when is representing the wishes of the people who elected you "placating?"
But wait. There's more.
County Mayor Burchett is "unaware of the basic facts" and his "apparent ignorance" is "breathtaking and smacks of incompetence."
You'll have to pay 75 cents to read this chamber-speak propaganda hit piece because it isn't posted online. Can't say as I blame them. I'd be embarrassed, too.
- Searching for an Online Search Guru (1 reply)
- Butch Jones: Best new coach in the SEC?* (6 replies)
- Social Security garnished for student loan debt (33 replies)
- TN Supreme Court names new Attorney General (5 replies)
- The Onion? Or Parthenon Group? You decide. (29 replies)
- This seems just about right. (11 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (12 replies)
- Gordon Ball kicks off statewide U.S. Senate campaign in East TN (1 reply)
- Campfield guns in parks bill passes TN Senate (15 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (59 replies)
- Why Won't Knox News Sentinel Cover Dr. Mary Headrick's Campaign For Congress in TN's 3rd? (5 replies)
- SATURDAY SOUTH (6 replies)