In one of its more bizarre editorials of late, the KNS says the County Commission vote to stop Midway is "nearsighted, shows a lack of backbone, and sends the wrong message to businesses that might want to invest in Knox County."
Further, some commissioners "seem more concerned about placating Thorn Grove residents opposed to the park than doing what's best for the county."
Since when is representing the wishes of the people who elected you "placating?"
But wait. There's more.
County Mayor Burchett is "unaware of the basic facts" and his "apparent ignorance" is "breathtaking and smacks of incompetence."
You'll have to pay 75 cents to read this chamber-speak propaganda hit piece because it isn't posted online. Can't say as I blame them. I'd be embarrassed, too.
- Knoxville Women's March (4 replies)
- So this is how it's gonna be (4 replies)
- Paying attention v1 - defunding data collection (2 replies)
- Women's March on Washington includes local events (7 replies)
- Trump says he will help middle class working people... (1 reply)
- Inauguration Day (14 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (80 replies)
- Selling public lands - Cherokee national forest? (5 replies)
- Will Trump last four years? (59 replies)
- Saw Works Brewing Co. may move to Standard Knitting Mill (6 replies)
- Jimmy Kimmel - on the street Obamacare vs ACA (3 replies)
- We are living... (3 replies)
- Jan 25 2017 - 12:00pm (2 days 11 hours from now)
- Jan 25 2017 - 5:00pm (2 days 16 hours from now)
- Feb 3 2017 - 10:00am (1 week 4 days from now)