In one of its more bizarre editorials of late, the KNS says the County Commission vote to stop Midway is "nearsighted, shows a lack of backbone, and sends the wrong message to businesses that might want to invest in Knox County."
Further, some commissioners "seem more concerned about placating Thorn Grove residents opposed to the park than doing what's best for the county."
Since when is representing the wishes of the people who elected you "placating?"
But wait. There's more.
County Mayor Burchett is "unaware of the basic facts" and his "apparent ignorance" is "breathtaking and smacks of incompetence."
You'll have to pay 75 cents to read this chamber-speak propaganda hit piece because it isn't posted online. Can't say as I blame them. I'd be embarrassed, too.
- Living Walls, Two (1 reply)
- Mayor Rogero's budget focuses on affordable housing, sustainability (4 replies)
- Corker saving Social Security? (19 replies)
- Loss of institutional knowledge already showing at the KNS McPaper (2 replies)
- No Hornback in Shopper (4 replies)
- Shocker at the Shopper (28 replies)
- AP interview of Trump (5 replies)
- Self-driving trolley comes to Knoxville (4 replies)
- It's A Tax, Stupid (and on stupid too) (17 replies)
- You Thought It Was An Urgent Care Center, Until You Got the Bill (1 reply)
- Trump's Cabinet (117 replies)
- Regulating short term rentals in Knoxville (8 replies)