Interesting statement to the voters:
Knox County Sheriff Tim Hutchison did not show up for a scheduled debate with his opponent in the race for county sheriff.
. . .
[M]embers of the media were informed that Sheriff Hutchison would not be attending. That came just moments before the debate was supposed to begin.
"He does apologize for not being able to be here this evening. He had a conflict with a civic organization and he promised to do something for them a long time ago," said Hutchison's legal advisor Mike Ruble. Ruble is with the sheriff's department and filled in for Hutchison during the debate.
"He kept trying to move the date back, or move the time back, but he just couldn't get it done, so I'm here and I know I'm disappointing everyone and I apologize already," said Ruble.
Sheriff's officials say Hutchison's civic meeting was taking place at Austin East High School. 6 News dispatched a news crew to the scene shortly after the debate began. At 7:05 PM, the only activity on school grounds was a football practice. There were no signs of the Sheriff.
What was Mr. Hutchison's civic appointment? Providing water for the football practice? And he didn't figure out that he wasn't going to resolve this supposed conflict until the last minute? Impressive organization skills. Just the kind of thing that comes in handy when running a large government organization.
What was Mr. Hutchison's civic appointment? Providing water for the football practice? And he didn't figure out that he wasn't going to resolve this supposed conflict until the last minute?
Impressive organization skills. Just the kind of thing that comes in handy when running a large government organization.
- Stop Wasting Votes by Crossing Over (8 replies)
- Ball fails to file timely campaign finance disclosure (3 replies)
- Boomsday will be mostly free after all (7 replies)
- Report: School board member/candidate Gloria Deathridge health issues (21 replies)
- the future of public education (3 replies)
- Follies redux (1 reply)
- Stop-Start Vehicle Technology Saves Gas: Study (1 reply)
- Knox County 2014 State Primary and County General Election Sample Ballot (2 replies)
- Early voting update (1 reply)
- State finally admits its for-profit virtual academy is a flop (8 replies)
- Knoxville News Sentinel website makeover (15 replies)
- Lloyd Daugherty's statement regarding Supreme Court Chief Justice Gary Wade (12 replies)