Interesting statement to the voters:
Knox County Sheriff Tim Hutchison did not show up for a scheduled debate with his opponent in the race for county sheriff.
. . .
[M]embers of the media were informed that Sheriff Hutchison would not be attending. That came just moments before the debate was supposed to begin.
"He does apologize for not being able to be here this evening. He had a conflict with a civic organization and he promised to do something for them a long time ago," said Hutchison's legal advisor Mike Ruble. Ruble is with the sheriff's department and filled in for Hutchison during the debate.
"He kept trying to move the date back, or move the time back, but he just couldn't get it done, so I'm here and I know I'm disappointing everyone and I apologize already," said Ruble.
Sheriff's officials say Hutchison's civic meeting was taking place at Austin East High School. 6 News dispatched a news crew to the scene shortly after the debate began. At 7:05 PM, the only activity on school grounds was a football practice. There were no signs of the Sheriff.
What was Mr. Hutchison's civic appointment? Providing water for the football practice? And he didn't figure out that he wasn't going to resolve this supposed conflict until the last minute? Impressive organization skills. Just the kind of thing that comes in handy when running a large government organization.
What was Mr. Hutchison's civic appointment? Providing water for the football practice? And he didn't figure out that he wasn't going to resolve this supposed conflict until the last minute?
Impressive organization skills. Just the kind of thing that comes in handy when running a large government organization.
- See Gloria Johnson Slam Eddie Smith (12 replies)
- BREAKING: Metro Pulse shutting down, staff fired, other layoffs at KNS (180 replies)
- We loved Metro Pulse rally (7 replies)
- Send Lawyers, Guns and Money (196 replies)
- The real takeaway from the 2nd D. school board forum (15 replies)
- Uh, what? (29 replies)
- USGS updates earthquake hazard for East Tennessee (2 replies)
- News Sentinel endorses Gloria Johnson, NO on Amendment 1 (37 replies)
- Meet Eddie Smith with Lamar Alexander! (37 replies)
- Urban infrastructure gets a second life (1 reply)
- California readies pay-as-you-drive tax test, coming soon to a road near you (8 replies)
- A tribute to Roy of Roy's Records (1 reply)
- Oct 20 2014 - 11:00am (6 hours 49 min from now)
- Oct 20 2014 - 6:30pm (14 hours 19 min from now)
- Oct 23 2014 - 6:00pm (3 days 13 hours from now)
- Oct 28 2014 - 5:30pm (1 week 1 day from now)
- Oct 28 2014 - 6:00pm (1 week 1 day from now)
- Oct 30 2014 - 7:00pm (1 week 3 days from now)