Interesting statement to the voters:
Knox County Sheriff Tim Hutchison did not show up for a scheduled debate with his opponent in the race for county sheriff.
. . .
[M]embers of the media were informed that Sheriff Hutchison would not be attending. That came just moments before the debate was supposed to begin.
"He does apologize for not being able to be here this evening. He had a conflict with a civic organization and he promised to do something for them a long time ago," said Hutchison's legal advisor Mike Ruble. Ruble is with the sheriff's department and filled in for Hutchison during the debate.
"He kept trying to move the date back, or move the time back, but he just couldn't get it done, so I'm here and I know I'm disappointing everyone and I apologize already," said Ruble.
Sheriff's officials say Hutchison's civic meeting was taking place at Austin East High School. 6 News dispatched a news crew to the scene shortly after the debate began. At 7:05 PM, the only activity on school grounds was a football practice. There were no signs of the Sheriff.
What was Mr. Hutchison's civic appointment? Providing water for the football practice? And he didn't figure out that he wasn't going to resolve this supposed conflict until the last minute? Impressive organization skills. Just the kind of thing that comes in handy when running a large government organization.
What was Mr. Hutchison's civic appointment? Providing water for the football practice? And he didn't figure out that he wasn't going to resolve this supposed conflict until the last minute?
Impressive organization skills. Just the kind of thing that comes in handy when running a large government organization.
- Inside a Corrections Corporation of America for-profit prison (3 replies)
- UK votes to leave EU, PM Cameron resigns (18 replies)
- You can tell it's summer (20 replies)
- The gun debate, face to face (65 replies)
- Ralph Stanley RIP (2 replies)
- Up against the wall: Sanders supporters disrupt Nevada convention, issue death threats (62 replies)
- Knox area financial counseling resources for the poor? (8 replies)
- Democrats staging sit-in on House floor (42 replies)
- Happy Pollinators Week! Please, take action (3 replies)
- "Make America White Again" (4 replies)
- DOJ: 301 defendants charged in $900 million Medicare/Medicaid fraud bust (2 replies)
- City Council workshop on payday lending zoning ordinance (1 reply)