Above is one of the more amusing clips from a documentary by MSNBC's Chris Matthews called "Rise of the New Right." The hour-long documentary examines the relationship between the tea party movement and a resurgence of militia groups, "oath keepers," and extreme right wing punditry, going back to its roots in the McCarthy era. Folks paying attention know most of this, but it's a fascinating and disturbing look at this not-so-new political phenomenon.
You can watch it online at the Chris Matthews Hardball website. I'm sure there will be repeats, so check your local listings or Tivo/DVR.
- Peyton Manning's last game? (4 replies)
- BREAKING: Knox Co. Commissioner Jeff Ownby arrested for indecent exposure at Sharps Ridge (201 replies)
- Pilot update (21 replies)
- Here we go. Finally. (57 replies)
- Nashville DA sues TV reporter Phil Williams for $200M (2 replies)
- Democrat Heather Hensley announces run for State House 89th district (10 replies)
- Mark Harmon: History of public education has deep roots (7 replies)
- At least they're trying (4 replies)
- Google Rolls Out Free Gigabit Internet Service to Public Housing (4 replies)
- Gloria Johnson announces State House candidacy (15 replies)
- Knoxville City Council tackles payday lenders (12 replies)
- Candidate Campaign Financial Disclosures are posted for contested BOE seats (9 replies)