Above is one of the more amusing clips from a documentary by MSNBC's Chris Matthews called "Rise of the New Right." The hour-long documentary examines the relationship between the tea party movement and a resurgence of militia groups, "oath keepers," and extreme right wing punditry, going back to its roots in the McCarthy era. Folks paying attention know most of this, but it's a fascinating and disturbing look at this not-so-new political phenomenon.
You can watch it online at the Chris Matthews Hardball website. I'm sure there will be repeats, so check your local listings or Tivo/DVR.
- Inside a Corrections Corporation of America for-profit prison (3 replies)
- UK votes to leave EU, PM Cameron resigns (18 replies)
- You can tell it's summer (20 replies)
- The gun debate, face to face (65 replies)
- Ralph Stanley RIP (2 replies)
- Up against the wall: Sanders supporters disrupt Nevada convention, issue death threats (62 replies)
- Knox area financial counseling resources for the poor? (8 replies)
- Democrats staging sit-in on House floor (42 replies)
- Happy Pollinators Week! Please, take action (3 replies)
- "Make America White Again" (4 replies)
- DOJ: 301 defendants charged in $900 million Medicare/Medicaid fraud bust (2 replies)
- City Council workshop on payday lending zoning ordinance (1 reply)