Above is one of the more amusing clips from a documentary by MSNBC's Chris Matthews called "Rise of the New Right." The hour-long documentary examines the relationship between the tea party movement and a resurgence of militia groups, "oath keepers," and extreme right wing punditry, going back to its roots in the McCarthy era. Folks paying attention know most of this, but it's a fascinating and disturbing look at this not-so-new political phenomenon.
You can watch it online at the Chris Matthews Hardball website. I'm sure there will be repeats, so check your local listings or Tivo/DVR.
- Glenn Reynolds: Libertarian Fascist? (56 replies)
- RIP Leonard Nimoy (5 replies)
- Led Zeppelin update (3 replies)
- Frank Cagle nails the Voucher Issue (29 replies)
- Other reasons KNS might be losing subscribers (27 replies)
- Here we go again (22 replies)
- Nashville schools audit assesses impact of charter schools (4 replies)
- NAAWP? Seriously? (10 replies)
- FCC will enforce net neutrality (1 reply)
- Is there an exhaustive list of Knoxville breweries? (1 reply)
- Vertical farm can make 44,000 pounds of tomatoes on the side of a parking lot (3 replies)
- Obama vetoes Keystone XL pipeline bill (11 replies)