Above is one of the more amusing clips from a documentary by MSNBC's Chris Matthews called "Rise of the New Right." The hour-long documentary examines the relationship between the tea party movement and a resurgence of militia groups, "oath keepers," and extreme right wing punditry, going back to its roots in the McCarthy era. Folks paying attention know most of this, but it's a fascinating and disturbing look at this not-so-new political phenomenon.
You can watch it online at the Chris Matthews Hardball website. I'm sure there will be repeats, so check your local listings or Tivo/DVR.
- Lost Mailbox Leads to Time Warp (2 replies)
- Why America won't do anything about gun violence (30 replies)
- KKK in Nashville (5 replies)
- Co. Commission to ask God not to destroy Blount Co. because of the gays (1 reply)
- Employment increased by 142,000 in September (1 reply)
- Yet another privatization fail: Probation (6 replies)
- Troubled Tennessee prisons (5 replies)
- Arne Duncan to step down in December (2 replies)
- A New Low (9 replies)
- Bitter Victor Ashe (19 replies)
- Apollo photo archive (1 reply)
- Guilty pleasures: Janet Jackson's Unbreakable (2 replies)