Dr. Kenneth R. Newton passed away Saturday, June 17th at his home in Lakemoor Hills. He was 83. Dr. Newton was a professor of psychology at the University of Tennessee until his retirement in 1988, after which he continued his work in private practice. He leaves his wife Mary to whom he was married 61 years, six children (one deceased), seven grandchildren, and five great-grandchildren.
I was fortunate to be a part of his family for 37 years, the last 32 by way of marriage to his daughter, Michele.
In his personal and professional life, Dr. Newton pursued peace and understanding one person at a time.
- The 16 Best Places to Live in the U.S.: 2015 (6 replies)
- Trump's celebrity endorsers (1 reply)
- New York Times on Zaevion Dobson murder (3 replies)
- Cruz drops out (3 replies)
- Notice something? (1 reply)
- Trump, Sanders win Indiana (10 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (31 replies)
- Latest chapter of the Pilot saga (11 replies)
- Peak Republican indeed (4 replies)
- Haslam allows guns on college campuses (7 replies)
- GOP primary dials crazy up to 11 (6 replies)
- Clinton, Trump rack up big wins in New England states (19 replies)