Dr. Kenneth R. Newton passed away Saturday, June 17th at his home in Lakemoor Hills. He was 83. Dr. Newton was a professor of psychology at the University of Tennessee until his retirement in 1988, after which he continued his work in private practice. He leaves his wife Mary to whom he was married 61 years, six children (one deceased), seven grandchildren, and five great-grandchildren.
I was fortunate to be a part of his family for 37 years, the last 32 by way of marriage to his daughter, Michele.
In his personal and professional life, Dr. Newton pursued peace and understanding one person at a time.
- Louisville Point Park Eagle? (6 replies)
- I'd vote for her (1 reply)
- Repealing Obamacare affects everyone (28 replies)
- a small but notable defeat for privatization (10 replies)
- Anger erupts at Republican town halls (8 replies)
- Epic troll (1 reply)
- White House blocks news organizations from press briefing (6 replies)
- The How & Why (1 reply)
- JCPenney to close up to 140 stores (1 reply)
- More signs of spring (1 reply)
- Thoughts on Trumpspeak (2 replies)
- City to exclude glass from curbside recycling (17 replies)
- Feb 27 2017 - 7:00pm (1 day 20 hours from now)
- Mar 4 2017 - 11:00am (6 days 12 hours from now)
- Mar 7 2017 - 7:00pm (1 week 2 days from now)