Dr. Kenneth R. Newton passed away Saturday, June 17th at his home in Lakemoor Hills. He was 83. Dr. Newton was a professor of psychology at the University of Tennessee until his retirement in 1988, after which he continued his work in private practice. He leaves his wife Mary to whom he was married 61 years, six children (one deceased), seven grandchildren, and five great-grandchildren.
I was fortunate to be a part of his family for 37 years, the last 32 by way of marriage to his daughter, Michele.
In his personal and professional life, Dr. Newton pursued peace and understanding one person at a time.
- ORNL was fixin' to learn y'all how to talk better (20 replies)
- Truthful comparison of Democratic contributions is not Negative (12 replies)
- Heartless Haslam's ridiculous letter to Obama embarrasses Tennessee (2 replies)
- Adams and Ball spar at Bolivar candidate forum (14 replies)
- Emerald Academy principal named (9 replies)
- Open letter to spammers (10 replies)
- TN House 18: Martin Daniel responds to Rep. Steve Hall attack (3 replies)
- Haslam kicks off campaign at Knoxville News Sentinel headquarters (6 replies)
- Ball fails to file timely campaign finance disclosure (7 replies)
- Report: School board member/candidate Gloria Deathridge health issues (27 replies)
- Auto parts manufacturer adding 1,000 jobs in Clinton (8 replies)
- Gloria Johnson hosting JOBS4TN HD13 Job Fair (1 reply)