Dr. Kenneth R. Newton passed away Saturday, June 17th at his home in Lakemoor Hills. He was 83. Dr. Newton was a professor of psychology at the University of Tennessee until his retirement in 1988, after which he continued his work in private practice. He leaves his wife Mary to whom he was married 61 years, six children (one deceased), seven grandchildren, and five great-grandchildren.
I was fortunate to be a part of his family for 37 years, the last 32 by way of marriage to his daughter, Michele.
In his personal and professional life, Dr. Newton pursued peace and understanding one person at a time.
- Supreme Court rules against EPA on regulating mercury emissions (31 replies)
- Funny letter to the editor (8 replies)
- school board meeting underway (85 replies)
- Sheriff's office stonewalling jail beating victim's lawyers? (9 replies)
- Celebrating with a Strawberry Cobbler (2 replies)
- Downtown teen curfew in Knoxville? (2 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (48 replies)
- Rail incident, evacuations ongoing in Blount Co. (13 replies)
- Haslam snubs Obama, again (11 replies)
- Blurring the Racial Lines (53 replies)
- New revelations in deadly school bus crash (96 replies)
- McIntyre's week in review (4 replies)