Dr. Kenneth R. Newton passed away Saturday, June 17th at his home in Lakemoor Hills. He was 83. Dr. Newton was a professor of psychology at the University of Tennessee until his retirement in 1988, after which he continued his work in private practice. He leaves his wife Mary to whom he was married 61 years, six children (one deceased), seven grandchildren, and five great-grandchildren.
I was fortunate to be a part of his family for 37 years, the last 32 by way of marriage to his daughter, Michele.
In his personal and professional life, Dr. Newton pursued peace and understanding one person at a time.
- R.I.P. James Garner (6 replies)
- Jonathan Turley - "Get ready for an even bigger threat to Obamacare" (11 replies)
- Jason Emert, Sleazy campaigner (7 replies)
- No Credit? No Problem (10 replies)
- Briggs (188 replies)
- Gang of 4.0 on radio this morning (3 replies)
- Knox Co. should resolve Halls greenway project issues (14 replies)
- Should Knox Co. Democrats cross over in the upcoming primaries? (42 replies)
- Adams fundraising update (1 reply)
- Yes, Virginia, there are Democrats on the ballot (9 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (42 replies)
- Here's why you should vote "yes" for all judicial retentions (1 reply)
- Jul 24 2014 - 6:00pm (1 day 20 hours from now)
- Jul 26 2014 - 9:00am (3 days 11 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 10:00am (6 days 12 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 5:30pm (6 days 20 hours from now)