Dr. Kenneth R. Newton passed away Saturday, June 17th at his home in Lakemoor Hills. He was 83. Dr. Newton was a professor of psychology at the University of Tennessee until his retirement in 1988, after which he continued his work in private practice. He leaves his wife Mary to whom he was married 61 years, six children (one deceased), seven grandchildren, and five great-grandchildren.
I was fortunate to be a part of his family for 37 years, the last 32 by way of marriage to his daughter, Michele.
In his personal and professional life, Dr. Newton pursued peace and understanding one person at a time.
- City of Knoxville 50th Anniversary Commemoration of Selma March - Walk with the KCDP (2 replies)
- Voucher Action (6 replies)
- Falling to the mat with the ACA - King vs Burwell (4 replies)
- Bicycle superhighways (7 replies)
- Unemployment at lowest in 7 years (3 replies)
- Developers Plan to Change Baptist Hospital Site Plans (24 replies)
- KCS fundraising faux pas (14 replies)
- Shadowy groups seek to keep virtual schools alive in Tennessee (12 replies)
- Tennessee and Kansas (3 replies)
- Betty Bean: Emerald Recruitment Ltr Angers Christenberry Faculty (29 replies)
- Free market senior services? (7 replies)
- Belated condolences to Jamie Satterfield (7 replies)
- Mar 7 2015 - 1:00pm (13 hours 40 min from now)
- Mar 8 2015 - 2:00pm (1 day 13 hours from now)