Dr. Kenneth R. Newton passed away Saturday, June 17th at his home in Lakemoor Hills. He was 83. Dr. Newton was a professor of psychology at the University of Tennessee until his retirement in 1988, after which he continued his work in private practice. He leaves his wife Mary to whom he was married 61 years, six children (one deceased), seven grandchildren, and five great-grandchildren.
I was fortunate to be a part of his family for 37 years, the last 32 by way of marriage to his daughter, Michele.
In his personal and professional life, Dr. Newton pursued peace and understanding one person at a time.
- Jimmy Duncan has lost it and is no longer fit to serve (1 reply)
- It's A Tax, Stupid (and on stupid too) (12 replies)
- Self-driving trolley comes to Knoxville (3 replies)
- Arts without the NEA (3 replies)
- AP interview of Trump (4 replies)
- Tonight: Tom Perez/Bernie Sanders - Louisville, KY (36 replies)
- Knoxville SOUP (1 reply)
- Samantha Bee ... (1 reply)
- Trump's Cabinet (115 replies)
- Forget Mar-a-Lago. This is how you roll... (3 replies)
- "Narrow miss" the new low bar for Democrats (5 replies)
- Opening lyrics (9 replies)
- Apr 26 2017 - 12:00pm (6 hours 7 min from now)
- Apr 26 2017 - 6:30pm (12 hours 37 min from now)
- Apr 27 2017 - 6:00pm (1 day 12 hours from now)