Woke up to a little less than an inch of snow and slush. Streets are covered with it. TYS is reporting 33 degrees and light rain. Latest advisory from the NWS:
* TIMING: A MIX OF FREEZING RAIN...SLEET AND SNOW WILL BECOME ALL SNOW BEFORE TAPERING OFF DURING THE AFTERNOON.
* ACCUMULATIONS: ADDITIONAL SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATION UP TO 2 INCHES. ADDITIONAL ICE ACCUMULATION OF UP TO ONE TENTH OF AN INCH.
* IMPACTS: ROAD CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED TO BE VERY HAZARDOUS. TREES AND POWER LINES MAY FALL DUE TO THE WEIGHT OF THE SNOW AND ICE CREATING POWER OUTAGES.
- Report: School board member/candidate Gloria Deathridge health issues (17 replies)
- State finally admits its for-profit virtual academy is a flop (8 replies)
- Knoxville News Sentinel website makeover (15 replies)
- Lloyd Daugherty's statement regarding Supreme Court Chief Justice Gary Wade (12 replies)
- Sens. Bell and Kelsey ask AG to sue Obama (5 replies)
- Knox Co. should resolve Halls greenway project issues (37 replies)
- No Credit? No Problem (26 replies)
- ISIS (36 replies)
- George Flinn for Senate? (5 replies)
- Jonathan Turley - "Get ready for an even bigger threat to Obamacare" (13 replies)
- Knoxville firefighters endorse Cheri Siler for State Senate (3 replies)
- Tennessee, an inauspicious place to raise children (1 reply)