Woke up to a little less than an inch of snow and slush. Streets are covered with it. TYS is reporting 33 degrees and light rain. Latest advisory from the NWS:
* TIMING: A MIX OF FREEZING RAIN...SLEET AND SNOW WILL BECOME ALL SNOW BEFORE TAPERING OFF DURING THE AFTERNOON.
* ACCUMULATIONS: ADDITIONAL SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATION UP TO 2 INCHES. ADDITIONAL ICE ACCUMULATION OF UP TO ONE TENTH OF AN INCH.
* IMPACTS: ROAD CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED TO BE VERY HAZARDOUS. TREES AND POWER LINES MAY FALL DUE TO THE WEIGHT OF THE SNOW AND ICE CREATING POWER OUTAGES.
- Tennessee Congressional Candidate Charged With Plot to Burn N.Y. Mosque (2 replies)
- It's a dark, sad day in Knoxville's journalism community (3 replies)
- Downtown teen curfew in Knoxville? (4 replies)
- Toxic chemicals from train incident suspected in Culton Creek fish kill (16 replies)
- Suttree Landing Park groundbreaking (3 replies)
- Greek humor (1 reply)
- Funny letter to the editor (12 replies)
- Concert performances you have experienced (and can remember) (55 replies)
- school board meeting underway (102 replies)
- Cumberland Ave. project: There's an app for that (37 replies)
- Supreme Court rules against EPA on regulating mercury emissions (33 replies)
- Sheriff's office stonewalling jail beating victim's lawyers? (9 replies)