Woke up to a little less than an inch of snow and slush. Streets are covered with it. TYS is reporting 33 degrees and light rain. Latest advisory from the NWS:
* TIMING: A MIX OF FREEZING RAIN...SLEET AND SNOW WILL BECOME ALL SNOW BEFORE TAPERING OFF DURING THE AFTERNOON.
* ACCUMULATIONS: ADDITIONAL SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATION UP TO 2 INCHES. ADDITIONAL ICE ACCUMULATION OF UP TO ONE TENTH OF AN INCH.
* IMPACTS: ROAD CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED TO BE VERY HAZARDOUS. TREES AND POWER LINES MAY FALL DUE TO THE WEIGHT OF THE SNOW AND ICE CREATING POWER OUTAGES.
- Mayor Rogero lowers the boom on former mayor and Shopper columnist Victor Ashe (65 replies)
- Republican State Rep: new traffic law needed to help him get home (3 replies)
- U.N. Weather Agency: It's Record Hot Out There This Year (2 replies)
- Gunman attacks Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood clinic (8 replies)
- Who Turned My Blue State Red? (12 replies)
- Six Knox Co. high schools "failing" according to state tests (39 replies)
- We are TARGEEEEET!!! (1 reply)
- Right-wing contortions (3 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (343 replies)
- Happy Thanksgiving! (2 replies)
- KCSO Proposed Safety Center (4 replies)
- McIntyre's self-evaluation (13 replies)