Woke up to a little less than an inch of snow and slush. Streets are covered with it. TYS is reporting 33 degrees and light rain. Latest advisory from the NWS:
* TIMING: A MIX OF FREEZING RAIN...SLEET AND SNOW WILL BECOME ALL SNOW BEFORE TAPERING OFF DURING THE AFTERNOON.
* ACCUMULATIONS: ADDITIONAL SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATION UP TO 2 INCHES. ADDITIONAL ICE ACCUMULATION OF UP TO ONE TENTH OF AN INCH.
* IMPACTS: ROAD CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED TO BE VERY HAZARDOUS. TREES AND POWER LINES MAY FALL DUE TO THE WEIGHT OF THE SNOW AND ICE CREATING POWER OUTAGES.
- Blurring the Racial Lines (26 replies)
- Autism Risk Linked to Particulate Air Pollution (5 replies)
- What are best places to get soup in Knoxville? (19 replies)
- NLRB issues complaints since McDonald's qualifies as joint employer (2 replies)
- City to rebid Cumberland Ave. project (52 replies)
- Happy birthday to the Mr. (42 replies)
- KnoxViews 2014 year in review (1 reply)
- Geek stuff: Droid Turbo (8 replies)
- The banality of evil (5 replies)
- Circle Modern Dance Primitive Light (2 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (76 replies)
- What Every State in the U.S. Is Worst at (17 replies)