Woke up to a little less than an inch of snow and slush. Streets are covered with it. TYS is reporting 33 degrees and light rain. Latest advisory from the NWS:
* TIMING: A MIX OF FREEZING RAIN...SLEET AND SNOW WILL BECOME ALL SNOW BEFORE TAPERING OFF DURING THE AFTERNOON.
* ACCUMULATIONS: ADDITIONAL SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATION UP TO 2 INCHES. ADDITIONAL ICE ACCUMULATION OF UP TO ONE TENTH OF AN INCH.
* IMPACTS: ROAD CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED TO BE VERY HAZARDOUS. TREES AND POWER LINES MAY FALL DUE TO THE WEIGHT OF THE SNOW AND ICE CREATING POWER OUTAGES.
- Stambaugh family displaced by home fire (3 replies)
- Electioneering Time! (Or April Fool's prank?) (2 replies)
- It's official: U.T. names Rick Barnes as new basketball coach (6 replies)
- FIX THIS NOW (5 replies)
- Jimmy Haslam's house on the market for $4.9 million (7 replies)
- Congrats to new KCDP officeholders (14 replies)
- Big Ears is here (32 replies)
- Senate passes vouchers, House passes guns in parks (11 replies)
- Being Poor Affects Kids' Brains, Study Finds (13 replies)
- This should be interesting (5 replies)
- KCS Middle School Analysis now available for public review (7 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (20 replies)