...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SATURDAY AFTERNOON...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MORRISTOWN HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SATURDAY AFTERNOON.
* TIMING: LIGHT SNOW IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN FALLING ON FRIDAY...AND INCREASE IN INTENSITY THROUGH FRIDAY EVENING. SNOW IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN TO DECREASE THROUGH SATURDAY.
* ACCUMULATIONS: SNOWFALL AMOUNTS OF 4 TO 8 INCHES ARE EXPECTED ACROSS THE NORTHERN CUMBERLAND PLATEAU... NORTHEAST TENNESSEE INCLUDING THE TRI-CITIES AREA... AND SOUTHWEST VIRGINIA.
* IMPACTS: ROAD CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED TO BE VERY HAZARDOUS FROM FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SATURDAY AFTERNOON.
TARGET AREA: Scott, Campbell, Claiborne, Hancock, Hawkins, Sullivan, Johnson, Morgan, Anderson, Union, Grainger, Hamblen, Northwest Cocke, Cocke Smoky Mountains, Northwest Greene, Southeast Greene, Washington, Unicoi, Northwest Carter, Southeast Carter, Roane, Loudon, Knox, Jefferson, NW Blount, Blount Smoky Mountains, North Sevier, Sevier Smoky Mountains, Sequatchie, Bledsoe, Southeast Monroe
- Ballot order (14 replies)
- No-Show Smith finally shows up – But guess where? (43 replies)
- Chickamauga Lock closed for repairs, Knoxville barge traffic cut off (10 replies)
- The Best #Democracy Money Can Buy? (15 replies)
- John Stewart: Amendment 3 would bring higher sales, food, business taxes (4 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (84 replies)
- International Baccalaureate (22 replies)
- Parallels (3 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (326 replies)
- Separation of Church and State? (8 replies)
- Tennessee needs $38 billion of infrastructure improvements (3 replies)
- When economic hackofistry is no longer printable (7 replies)
- Oct 30 2014 - 7:00pm (8 hours 16 min from now)
- Nov 2 2014 - 3:00pm (3 days 5 hours from now)