Scott McNutt, a paid part-time blogger for the News Sentinel, put his "Snark Bites" blog on hiatus last Friday after Knox County mayoral spokeswoman Susanne Dupes complained to McNutt's supervisor at his full-time job that he was posting his political satire on company time.
That's some real Mayberry bullshit right there.
And certain people in transparent glass houses of their own making ought not to be hurling virtual bricks.
Or maybe she was on vacation or personal leave time. Or only blogs and twitters during "breaks." She should get the benefit of the doubt with a presumption of good intentions and so forth. Otherwise, people would be calling her boss to correlate and cross-reference her personnel and time sheet records with her blogging and facebook and twitter time.
See how ridiculous that is?
- How to Transform a Waterfront (1 reply)
- ITT Tech stops all student enrollment (2 replies)
- Who will be Tennessee's next governor? (17 replies)
- 170 schools to take part in Tenn.’s first ‘Student Mock Election’ (2 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (58 replies)
- Women's Suffrage Monument Unveiled in Nashville (5 replies)
- 2016 election could be decided by 20 counties (1 reply)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (369 replies)
- "It's a sad day for our city" - Maryville, Alcoa, Blount County (4 replies)
- Obamacare accountable care programs rang up $466 million in Medicare savings last year (2 replies)
- Blue Cross to raise rates by 62% for individual policies (37 replies)
- Rolling Stone: Hillary's New Deal (7 replies)