Scott McNutt, a paid part-time blogger for the News Sentinel, put his "Snark Bites" blog on hiatus last Friday after Knox County mayoral spokeswoman Susanne Dupes complained to McNutt's supervisor at his full-time job that he was posting his political satire on company time.
That's some real Mayberry bullshit right there.
And certain people in transparent glass houses of their own making ought not to be hurling virtual bricks.
Or maybe she was on vacation or personal leave time. Or only blogs and twitters during "breaks." She should get the benefit of the doubt with a presumption of good intentions and so forth. Otherwise, people would be calling her boss to correlate and cross-reference her personnel and time sheet records with her blogging and facebook and twitter time.
See how ridiculous that is?
- Pilot update (14 replies)
- Mark Harmon: History of public education has deep roots (7 replies)
- At least they're trying (4 replies)
- Google Rolls Out Free Gigabit Internet Service to Public Housing (4 replies)
- Democrat Heather Hensley announces run for State House 89th district (9 replies)
- Nashville DA sues TV reporter Phil Williams for $200M (1 reply)
- Gloria Johnson announces State House candidacy (15 replies)
- Here we go. Finally. (56 replies)
- Knoxville City Council tackles payday lenders (12 replies)
- Candidate Campaign Financial Disclosures are posted for contested BOE seats (9 replies)
- Groundhog Day - Spring is on its way! (1 reply)
- Boston 1964: the way it was (10 replies)