According to a press release, bottled water uses 2,000 times more energy and is 1,000 times more expensive than tap water, and requires enough fuel to power more than 3,000,000 vehicles a year. Further, plastic water bottles take 1,000 years to biodegrade and 90% of them end up in landfills.
More than 600,000 disposable plastic water bottles were recycled at Bonnaroo last year. This year, Bonnaroo will provide, in addition to free well water, free filtered water refill stations where festival attendees can refill their reusable water bottles. Each reusable water bottle will replace up to 24 plastic water bottles over the four days of the festival.
As part of the promotion, Bonnaroo has teamed up with Stanley to offer a limited edition Bonnaroo stainless steel water bottle, which festival goers can order along with their tickets and pick up on site.
A couple of years ago we virtually eliminated the use of plastic bottled water. We got some Thermos stainless steel bottles (at Walgreens, if I recall). They work great and have paid for themselves many times over as compared to the cost of bottled water. The Stanley line looks pretty nice, too.
(The Thermos bottles aren't suitable for hot drinks like coffee, though. For that you might consider a travel mug or Tervis Tumblers with snap on lids.)
In addition to the refrigerator's built-in filtered ice/water dispenser, we also got a faucet-mount Pur water filter. Filtered tap water makes your coffee taste a hundred times better, and is great for cooking.
- Trump's Cabinet (44 replies)
- Will Trump last four years? (57 replies)
- Did that just happen? (181 replies)
- Hillary Clinton's Popular Vote Lead Now Over Two Million (3 replies)
- RIP John Glenn (2 replies)
- Jill Stein attempts to raise $2 million by Friday 4:00 pm for recounts (36 replies)
- Jobless Rate Hits Nine-Year Low; 178,000 Jobs Added (1 reply)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (85 replies)
- Mountaintop removal coal mining banned in East TN (5 replies)
- This is the dumbest thing I've seen all week (1 reply)
- National Weather Service facing major cutbacks (3 replies)
- 2016 Harvest Of Souls Continues (3 replies)