Kristina Shands with the Tennessee Clean Water Network says there are 14 destructive water bills in both the Sentate and House that threaten the quality of our state's waters. TCWN needs everyone to call their elected officials and tell them TO PROTECT TENNESSEE'S WATER.
We especially need folks in McCord, Sutherland, Woodson, Yagar and Nicely’s districts.
We are hoping to defeat most of these bills in committee. They are bad. One of them is the return of the Limited Resources Waters bill, which removes protection from more than 30,000 miles of streams. Another one states that TDEC cannot act on anonymous tips (they received 431 anonymous calls last year). They all have one thing in common - if it’s already polluted, then we should keep on polluting instead of cleaning it. I have a list of the bills on our website with a summary and talking points.
I’d like to encourage everyone to call their state Senators and Representatives and demand they protect our water.
Contact info follows...
- Employment increased by 142,000 in September (2 replies)
- Sanity prevails, at least temporarily, in Blount Co. (6 replies)
- Lost Mailbox Leads to Time Warp (8 replies)
- Co. Commission to ask God not to destroy Blount Co. because of the gays (5 replies)
- Arne Duncan to step down in December (4 replies)
- Why America won't do anything about gun violence (37 replies)
- KKK in Nashville (6 replies)
- Tennessee does not have a monopoly on crazy politicians (1 reply)
- Yet another privatization fail: Probation (6 replies)
- Troubled Tennessee prisons (5 replies)
- A New Low (9 replies)
- Bitter Victor Ashe (19 replies)