Kristina Shands with the Tennessee Clean Water Network says there are 14 destructive water bills in both the Sentate and House that threaten the quality of our state's waters. TCWN needs everyone to call their elected officials and tell them TO PROTECT TENNESSEE'S WATER.
We especially need folks in McCord, Sutherland, Woodson, Yagar and Nicely’s districts.
We are hoping to defeat most of these bills in committee. They are bad. One of them is the return of the Limited Resources Waters bill, which removes protection from more than 30,000 miles of streams. Another one states that TDEC cannot act on anonymous tips (they received 431 anonymous calls last year). They all have one thing in common - if it’s already polluted, then we should keep on polluting instead of cleaning it. I have a list of the bills on our website with a summary and talking points.
I’d like to encourage everyone to call their state Senators and Representatives and demand they protect our water.
Contact info follows...
- Why doesn't Rep. Eddie Smith want to test school drinking water for lead? (10 replies)
- FBI investigates 'odd' computer link between Russian bank and Trump Organization (4 replies)
- ACA repeal vote canceled, effort falling apart (2 replies)
- North Dakota bill, would legalize accidentally running over protesters in the road (3 replies)
- The "Daily Show" was at Trump Nashville rally (2 replies)
- Trump budget (14 replies)
- Study: Tennessee among the most federally dependent states (1 reply)
- Pour one out for Ruby Tuesday (5 replies)
- SoKno Taco Grand Opening Friday, March 31 (2 replies)
- Safety center advancing (1 reply)
- Why does Trump hate Obama? (6 replies)
- Chuck Berry, rock 'n' roll pioneer, dead at 90 (1 reply)
- Mar 24 2017 - 9:00am (2 hours 51 min from now)
- Mar 28 2017 - 6:30pm (4 days 12 hours from now)
- Mar 29 2017 - 12:00pm (5 days 5 hours from now)
- Apr 27 2017 - 6:00pm (4 weeks 6 days from now)