Has anyone else noticed the dramatic and abrupt change in our national debate?
Instead of Democrats protesting billions for the ill-advised and possibly illegal invasion and occupation of Iraq that killed thousands upon thousands of people and ruined America’s reputation around the world while lining the pockets of assorted White House cronies and deregulated crooks and liars who were bankrupting our economy, Republicans are now running around with their hair on fire freaking out about federal spending on jobs, health care, education, infrastructure, technology, energy independence, health insurance for disadvantaged children, and keeping people in their homes.
Maybe it’s just me, but the latter seems more like the debate we should be having.
And President Obama has only been in office for 25 days.
- McIntyre: Pregnancy is a "physical disability?" (21 replies)
- KnoxGOP: The best government money can buy (8 replies)
- Donaldson on the way out (59 replies)
- Decline of civilization, part 473 (4 replies)
- Surprise, surprise! (37 replies)
- Who should replace Indya Kincannon on School Board? (6 replies)
- a fine BLT (20 replies)
- Third Creek Greenway vandalism (12 replies)
- ISIS (78 replies)
- House plans to spend up to $350,000 on Obama suit (1 reply)
- Knox County Commission Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS (9 replies)
- Nashville schools forced to purchase technology via capital, not operating, budget? (10 replies)