Has anyone else noticed the dramatic and abrupt change in our national debate?
Instead of Democrats protesting billions for the ill-advised and possibly illegal invasion and occupation of Iraq that killed thousands upon thousands of people and ruined America’s reputation around the world while lining the pockets of assorted White House cronies and deregulated crooks and liars who were bankrupting our economy, Republicans are now running around with their hair on fire freaking out about federal spending on jobs, health care, education, infrastructure, technology, energy independence, health insurance for disadvantaged children, and keeping people in their homes.
Maybe it’s just me, but the latter seems more like the debate we should be having.
And President Obama has only been in office for 25 days.
- Supreme Court strikes down Texas abortion restrictions (1 reply)
- Alcoa Highway is growing (9 replies)
- Inside a Corrections Corporation of America for-profit prison (7 replies)
- TIDAL wave? (2 replies)
- You can tell it's summer (35 replies)
- Ralph Stanley RIP (4 replies)
- UK votes to leave EU, PM Cameron resigns (21 replies)
- The New American Death: Overdoses and Accidents (1 reply)
- Happy Pollinators Week! Please, take action (4 replies)
- The gun debate, face to face (65 replies)
- Up against the wall: Sanders supporters disrupt Nevada convention, issue death threats (62 replies)
- Knox area financial counseling resources for the poor? (8 replies)