Has anyone else noticed the dramatic and abrupt change in our national debate?
Instead of Democrats protesting billions for the ill-advised and possibly illegal invasion and occupation of Iraq that killed thousands upon thousands of people and ruined America’s reputation around the world while lining the pockets of assorted White House cronies and deregulated crooks and liars who were bankrupting our economy, Republicans are now running around with their hair on fire freaking out about federal spending on jobs, health care, education, infrastructure, technology, energy independence, health insurance for disadvantaged children, and keeping people in their homes.
Maybe it’s just me, but the latter seems more like the debate we should be having.
And President Obama has only been in office for 25 days.
- Greek humor (1 reply)
- Funny letter to the editor (12 replies)
- Downtown teen curfew in Knoxville? (3 replies)
- Concert performances you have experienced (and can remember) (55 replies)
- school board meeting underway (102 replies)
- Toxic chemicals from train incident suspected in Culton Creek fish kill (11 replies)
- Cumberland Ave. project: There's an app for that (37 replies)
- Supreme Court rules against EPA on regulating mercury emissions (33 replies)
- Sheriff's office stonewalling jail beating victim's lawyers? (9 replies)
- Celebrating with a Strawberry Cobbler (2 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (48 replies)
- Rail incident, evacuations ongoing in Blount Co. (13 replies)