Has anyone else noticed the dramatic and abrupt change in our national debate?
Instead of Democrats protesting billions for the ill-advised and possibly illegal invasion and occupation of Iraq that killed thousands upon thousands of people and ruined America’s reputation around the world while lining the pockets of assorted White House cronies and deregulated crooks and liars who were bankrupting our economy, Republicans are now running around with their hair on fire freaking out about federal spending on jobs, health care, education, infrastructure, technology, energy independence, health insurance for disadvantaged children, and keeping people in their homes.
Maybe it’s just me, but the latter seems more like the debate we should be having.
And President Obama has only been in office for 25 days.
- New push for state takeover of coal regulation gains steam (2 replies)
- Unlike Vouchers and Charters, Community Schools Work (3 replies)
- Tyndall fired (16 replies)
- Brackin's Blues Club Closed? (12 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (17 replies)
- Big Ears is here (7 replies)
- The payday lending industry is in for a rude awakening (3 replies)
- Retirement Crisis: The Great 401(k) Experiment Has Failed for Many Americans (4 replies)
- Other reasons KNS might be losing subscribers (72 replies)
- Burchett nixes honorary resolution for Knox County women's groups (20 replies)
- Cades Cove, Daffodils, and the CCC (1 reply)
- Tenn. sues to preserve monopolies, restrict citizens' internet access (10 replies)