Not sure if this Campfield statement is a warning or a threat:
Lots of people have been asking what we plan on doing as far as goals go this year. Unfortunately, I have been told to stay Quiet until the first vote is made. Yes, it is killing me. I think it is safe to say that not much that will cost much money is going to move that far. I expect that leaves 140 years of lost freedom and lack of personal responsibility issues to sort out.
Will it be all that conservative?? I would like to think we will be as conservative as the other side has been liberal or allowed liberalism take control of our state.
Emphasis added. Liberals control the state? Which state is he talking about? Anyway, here's a preview of the kind of important legislation we can expect from Knoxville's now powerful rep:
• HB 0990 by Campfield: Domestic Relations - Authorizes use of discovery to aid in defense of petition for protective order. (ed. note: makes it harder and more expensive for woman to get protection from wife beaters)
• HB 0995 by Campfield: Domestic Violence - Requires a petitioner for order of protection to pay court costs and attorney fees if the petition is dismissed. (ed. note: see above)
• HB 0994 by Campfield: Domestic Relations - Requires court to hold in contempt any person who makes false accusation of sexual abuse in furtherance of litigation; also requires false accuser to pay other party's litigation costs. (ed. note: chilling effect on sexual abuse victims coming forward)
• HB 3011 by Campfield: Child Custody and Support - Prohibits changing of custodial arrangements due to an order of protection against the custodial parent unless the child is the victim of child abuse or the effects of domestic violence.
• HB 3000 by Campfield: Human Rights - Establishes that persons are human beings with all attendant rights and responsibilities from time of fertilization of human embryo.
• HB 3029 by Campfield: Taxes - Creates a "tax-me-more fund" in the general fund for voluntary donations by taxpayers; all funds in such account are earmarked for abortion prevention.
• HB 2999 by Campfield: Abortion - Requires a woman under certain circumstances to view an ultrasound image of the fetus before obtaining an abortion.
• HB 0982 by Campfield: Vital Records - Requires death certificates be issued for each induced termination of pregnancy in this state.
• HB 0999 by Campfield: Firearms and Ammunition - Enacts the "Tennessee Firearms Freedom Act." (ed. note: exempt firearms and ammunition made in Tennessee from federal regulation).
• HB 3014 by Campfield: Firearms and Ammunition - Authorizes full-time faculty and staff at public schools, colleges, and universities in Tennessee to carry handguns if not otherwise prohibited by law.
• HB 2453 by Swafford, Gresham, Fraley, Niceley, Johnson C, Campfield, DuBois, Hensley, Maggart, Lynn, Dunn: Special License Plates - Authorizes National Rifle Association new specialty earmarked license plates; and allocates 50 percent of funds derived from sale and renewal of such plates to TWRA for hunter education.
• HB 0789 by Johnson P,Campfield: Civil Procedure - Requires trial judge to adjudge all costs in favor of the prevailing party in all civil cases. (ed. note: "loser pays")
• HB 0795 by Campfield: Education - Establishes opportunity scholarships for students in high priority public schools; authorizes such students to transfer to other public schools or use an opportunity scholarship at a private school. (ed. note: "vouchers")
• HB 2997 by Campfield, Lynn, Hensley: Education, Curriculum - Prohibits the teaching of or furnishing of materials on human sexuality other than heterosexuality in public school grades K-8.
• HB 0768 by Campfield: Banks and Financial Institutions - Imposes 25 percent tax on money orders and all other such financial instruments purchased by non-US citizens.
• HB 2998 by Campfield: Vital Records - Prohibits registration of a birth certificate for a child of an illegal immigrant mother unless the father is a US citizen and he provides a written agreement for financial support of child until age 18.
• HB 0981 by Campfield: Lottery, Corporation - Prohibits lottery prizes from being given to any person who is on public assistance.
• HB 0984 by Campfield: Boards and Commissions - Adds mixed martial arts to definition of boxing for purpose of regulation by department of commerce and insurance.
• HB 0770 by Campfield: Imposes occupational privilege taxes on performers at adult cabarets, increases sales taxes on certain adult materials and products; reduces sales taxes on certain foods.
• HB 3010 by Campfield: Labor - Requires certain political activities by labor organizations be funded separately through voluntary donations of members and not through regularly collected dues.
- How Republicans quietly sabotaged Obamacare long before Trump came into office (5 replies)
- Maybe Trump should try single payer? (1 reply)
- Repealing Obamacare affects everyone (54 replies)
- ACA repeal vote canceled, effort falling apart (13 replies)
- What your Congressman thinks of you (8 replies)
- Study: Tennessee among the most federally dependent states (2 replies)
- Maybe our government works after all (1 reply)
- Why doesn't Rep. Eddie Smith want to test school drinking water for lead? (13 replies)
- Thousands of Would-Be Democratic Candidates Flood States in Trump Backlash (2 replies)
- FBI investigates 'odd' computer link between Russian bank and Trump Organization (4 replies)
- North Dakota bill, would legalize accidentally running over protesters in the road (3 replies)
- The "Daily Show" was at Trump Nashville rally (2 replies)