The machine pictured above can cut down a tree in three seconds. (Here's a short video of the machine in action. Click on the above photo for some more photos.)
The tree killing behemoth has been busy along Alcoa Highway between Hall Rd. and Hunt Rd. clearing a decades old pine tree barrier alongside the road. It's not clear why.
As you are probably aware, the City of Alcoa wants to build an eight lane interstate through the community. They also want to develop some old Alcoa Aluminum Co. property the city has purchased. Part of all that would involve building a new interchange at Hunt Rd. to accommodate more lanes and to provide access to the new development. (It will also cut off existing rail access from the Airport to a line that runs downtown.)
There's no money for any of this.
Kinsey Probasco Hayes is involved. According to various fuzzy news reports, they apparently suggested that removing the tree barrier would make the property more visible and thus more marketable. The City of Alcoa says it improves the view, because now you can see the mountains. They also say the trees would have to go anyway for the new Hunt Rd. interchange, which isn't funded. But they are asking for $2 million to get it started. Or something. News reports are fuzzy, as with all information trickling out about these projects. It is not clear who is paying for the tree removal.
We'll have more about this latest development soon.
- Why doesn't Rep. Eddie Smith want to test school drinking water for lead? (12 replies)
- ACA repeal vote canceled, effort falling apart (8 replies)
- Thousands of Would-Be Democratic Candidates Flood States in Trump Backlash (1 reply)
- FBI investigates 'odd' computer link between Russian bank and Trump Organization (4 replies)
- North Dakota bill, would legalize accidentally running over protesters in the road (3 replies)
- The "Daily Show" was at Trump Nashville rally (2 replies)
- Trump budget (14 replies)
- Study: Tennessee among the most federally dependent states (1 reply)
- Pour one out for Ruby Tuesday (5 replies)
- SoKno Taco Grand Opening Friday, March 31 (2 replies)
- Safety center advancing (1 reply)
- Why does Trump hate Obama? (6 replies)