Another name that has been mentioned for the Tennessee Democratic Party Chair is Charles Robert Bone. We are told that he is actively seeking the position and has contacted executive committee members.
According to sources, his letter says that he ran for State Rep. in Dist. 45 (Sumner Co.) in 1998 and from that experience learned the challenges that face candidates. He has worked in various campaigns throughout TN including serving as Harold Ford, Jr's Finance Chair in 2006. He served since March 2007 on President-elect Barack Obama's National Finance Committee. He wants to "broaden the Party's fundraising base, strengthening candidate recruitment, facilitate a unified message and communications plan, develop the Party's technology that would culminate in a concerted 95 county GOTV operation and making training available."
He is reaching out to party officials, and says he want to "continue the communications plan that Gray Sasser and Kim Sasser Hayden have by implementing regularly scheduled conference calls with the Executive Committee and county Chairs."
UPDATE: Kleinheider has a copy of the letter.
(Note: We are told that Forrester now has 38 votes committed.)
- Local Presbyterian church in turmoil over same-sex marriage (6 replies)
- Snow pics from Buffalo (6 replies)
- Companies accuse Haslam of leading Pilot Flying J fraud (3 replies)
- Haslam named chair of Republican Governors Association, nobody else wanted it (1 reply)
- VW sets new "Community Organization Engagement" policy at Chattanooga Plant (20 replies)
- RIP Mike Nichols (1 reply)
- Geek tip: Trick out your Android keyboard (1 reply)
- Christmas lights at Chilhowee Park (1 reply)
- Shopper News publisher Sandra Clark exonerated in theft trial (8 replies)
- Della Volpe opposes Tennova hospital relocation (16 replies)
- TNDP chair screening committee recommends three candidates (12 replies)
- Yet another Metro Pulse revival? (12 replies)