Another name that has been mentioned for the Tennessee Democratic Party Chair is Charles Robert Bone. We are told that he is actively seeking the position and has contacted executive committee members.
According to sources, his letter says that he ran for State Rep. in Dist. 45 (Sumner Co.) in 1998 and from that experience learned the challenges that face candidates. He has worked in various campaigns throughout TN including serving as Harold Ford, Jr's Finance Chair in 2006. He served since March 2007 on President-elect Barack Obama's National Finance Committee. He wants to "broaden the Party's fundraising base, strengthening candidate recruitment, facilitate a unified message and communications plan, develop the Party's technology that would culminate in a concerted 95 county GOTV operation and making training available."
He is reaching out to party officials, and says he want to "continue the communications plan that Gray Sasser and Kim Sasser Hayden have by implementing regularly scheduled conference calls with the Executive Committee and county Chairs."
UPDATE: Kleinheider has a copy of the letter.
(Note: We are told that Forrester now has 38 votes committed.)
- Laying the foundation (12 replies)
- McIntyre: Burchett remarks "appalling" and "ignorant" (35 replies)
- JD3 cleared to run for Congress (27 replies)
- The "newsroom of the future" without Chas Sisk (3 replies)
- Episcopal Church approves liturgy for blessing same-gender unions (4 replies)
- Unemployment up in Tennessee (9 replies)
- Why can't the US make erasers? (10 replies)
- 10th anniversay of US invasion of Iraq (43 replies)
- Patient advocates say insurers avoiding the sick (2 replies)
- Knoxville attorney Terry Adams announces for U.S. Senate (7 replies)
- TN Supreme Court Ruling on Property Rights (4 replies)
- Books Sandwiched In Welcomes Alvin Nance This Wednesday! (3 replies)