Another name that has been mentioned for the Tennessee Democratic Party Chair is Charles Robert Bone. We are told that he is actively seeking the position and has contacted executive committee members.
According to sources, his letter says that he ran for State Rep. in Dist. 45 (Sumner Co.) in 1998 and from that experience learned the challenges that face candidates. He has worked in various campaigns throughout TN including serving as Harold Ford, Jr's Finance Chair in 2006. He served since March 2007 on President-elect Barack Obama's National Finance Committee. He wants to "broaden the Party's fundraising base, strengthening candidate recruitment, facilitate a unified message and communications plan, develop the Party's technology that would culminate in a concerted 95 county GOTV operation and making training available."
He is reaching out to party officials, and says he want to "continue the communications plan that Gray Sasser and Kim Sasser Hayden have by implementing regularly scheduled conference calls with the Executive Committee and county Chairs."
UPDATE: Kleinheider has a copy of the letter.
(Note: We are told that Forrester now has 38 votes committed.)
- Investigative Report on Rick Staples Part II (3 replies)
- Investigative Report on Rick Staples Part I (1 reply)
- Knoxville could test self-driving cars (1 reply)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (70 replies)
- Water enforcement dropped in business-friendly Haslam administration (5 replies)
- Hate is learned at home... (1 reply)
- Clinton campaign faltering (7 replies)
- Ammo plant deal falling apart? (8 replies)
- WBIR Inside Tennessee - Democratic candidate Gloria Johnson (3 replies)
- Bald Eagle on French Broad (5 replies)
- South High redux as Assisted Living Center (1 reply)
- Bill seeking to stop scalpers from grabbing online tickets has cleared the House (2 replies)