Another name that has been mentioned for the Tennessee Democratic Party Chair is Charles Robert Bone. We are told that he is actively seeking the position and has contacted executive committee members.
According to sources, his letter says that he ran for State Rep. in Dist. 45 (Sumner Co.) in 1998 and from that experience learned the challenges that face candidates. He has worked in various campaigns throughout TN including serving as Harold Ford, Jr's Finance Chair in 2006. He served since March 2007 on President-elect Barack Obama's National Finance Committee. He wants to "broaden the Party's fundraising base, strengthening candidate recruitment, facilitate a unified message and communications plan, develop the Party's technology that would culminate in a concerted 95 county GOTV operation and making training available."
He is reaching out to party officials, and says he want to "continue the communications plan that Gray Sasser and Kim Sasser Hayden have by implementing regularly scheduled conference calls with the Executive Committee and county Chairs."
UPDATE: Kleinheider has a copy of the letter.
(Note: We are told that Forrester now has 38 votes committed.)
- Looking like a deadlock (21 replies)
- Uber Problem (18 replies)
- ETSPJ denounces McIntyre - BOE "agreement" (11 replies)
- The long awaited "policy positions" of Dem candidate for Governor Charlie Brown (8 replies)
- Big Box Health Care: Are You Ready for Walmart Care Clinics? (8 replies)
- Nashville Charter Drama (21 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (55 replies)
- Some happy Labor Day news from California (2 replies)
- ISIS (113 replies)
- Does this make you feel safer? (4 replies)
- Surprise, surprise! (49 replies)
- All the Companies Making Money From Healthcare.gov in One Chart (26 replies)
- Sep 4 2014 - 5:30pm (1 day 16 hours from now)
First Friday Celebration and Silent Auction (benefiting UTK College Dems) with Knox Co Democratic PartySep 5 2014 - 6:00pm (2 days 16 hours from now)
- Sep 10 2014 - 7:00pm (1 week 17 hours from now)