Another name that has been mentioned for the Tennessee Democratic Party Chair is Charles Robert Bone. We are told that he is actively seeking the position and has contacted executive committee members.
According to sources, his letter says that he ran for State Rep. in Dist. 45 (Sumner Co.) in 1998 and from that experience learned the challenges that face candidates. He has worked in various campaigns throughout TN including serving as Harold Ford, Jr's Finance Chair in 2006. He served since March 2007 on President-elect Barack Obama's National Finance Committee. He wants to "broaden the Party's fundraising base, strengthening candidate recruitment, facilitate a unified message and communications plan, develop the Party's technology that would culminate in a concerted 95 county GOTV operation and making training available."
He is reaching out to party officials, and says he want to "continue the communications plan that Gray Sasser and Kim Sasser Hayden have by implementing regularly scheduled conference calls with the Executive Committee and county Chairs."
UPDATE: Kleinheider has a copy of the letter.
(Note: We are told that Forrester now has 38 votes committed.)
- The Artful Dodger: Dr. Briggs "radio silence" on Cheri Siler's invitation to debate (33 replies)
- Discussion about new hybrid pension plan for TN educators (1 reply)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (37 replies)
- High profile investor: Charter schools are a business (6 replies)
- Interesting background on new Attorney General (25 replies)
- Redefining Scrooge (7 replies)
- Cagle: Tough times ahead for Haslsm (9 replies)
- Most educated town in every state (2 replies)
- Clark: Cornerstone playing hardball with new School Board member John Fugate (7 replies)
- Alexander agrees to debate Ball (1 reply)
- Urban Outfitters, Kent State sweatshirt - what were they thinking? (10 replies)
- City of Alcoa-Sam's Club first step in New Urbanism? (6 replies)
- Sep 22 2014 - 4:15pm (3 days 6 hours from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 6:15pm (4 days 8 hours from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 7:00pm (4 days 9 hours from now)
- Sep 25 2014 - 6:00pm (6 days 8 hours from now)